stripping made me smile.

not as good a story as my title makes it sound.......

today i took the day off work, i got a little bored so i decided to take my car to peices as you do.

heres what i removed....

front passenger seat : 15kg

parcel shelf with 6x9s : 7kg

sub and box : 12kg

rear seats : 15kg

my wooded boot floor and amp : 8kg

all rear plastic: 10kg (approx as it was difficult to weigh)

thats a saving of 67.kg.

my car before weighed 980kg before so assuming it was say 80bhp with the mods i have thats 83bhp per tonne.

now its 913kg so thats approx 89bhp from my calculations.

i just gained 6bhp per tonne and spent nothing :lol: . its put a massive smile on my face, plus the noise inside is immense. its an adrenaline rush to drive now. feels like its a real track car. took it for a bit of a run and it feels much better, it wheel span in second though when i gave it some so may be too light. car feels very empty though.

i would reccomend people to do this if even for a day as it is very easy to strip took me about 40min. not very practical and the noise may become to much, so i will probably put it all back in again at the weekend.

i will put some pics in my thread later.

Mines stripped ;) (Waiting for a new boot shut to be welded on!)

When my brother took just the bass out of his car he felt a dramatic difference!

I'm going to keep my interior for now though!

i thought that, like that dynomat stuff, i could just about put up with the noise, its just the passenger side of it as i give lots of people lifts. otherwise it would stay like this.

It suprising how heavy the sound deadening is too!

P.S

I gave my car a good inside and out valet the other day, pulled out the rear mats and found about £8!! just because money keeps falling out my trouser pockets when I go to work ;) I put it in my ashtray for parking meter change. (If anyone wants about £20 in 50p's just break in to my car... but shssshhhh :D )