tm developement engine builds

recently had forged engine build by tm devopements idle revs all over place doesnt hold heat whilst driving when i got home power steering hoses leaking looks like headgasket leaking as im wipeing down front of block n head every week i had to put my air filter on myself when collecting car as they couldnt trackings out killed my tyres on 80mile journey its not even run in yet.

heres a list of what they done n charge

forged engine £1950

fitted £300

fuel pump £75

fuel reg £75

race spec rocker cover £130

paddle clutch £295

cv joint £65

stub axle £92

wheel bearing £53

engine oil £25

gearbox oil £15

labour £200

sundries £20

alt belt £10

plugs £28

fuel £7

recovery £125

yep they just come up with crap

reply bout powersteering leak was we dont stock them washers

headgasket reply was no oil wells at front. so y am i wipeing oil away from it?

not holding heat i was told to check thermostate y me when i payed for them to do job

if front stub axle was replaced and bearings surely my tracking should av been checked n corrected

I'd expect some sort of better response if I paid such a huge amount of money. They could have informed you that the washer needs replacing atleast, did they not do that? Where exactly is the oil leaking from? I'm guessing it could be the sump.

If its oil sitting on the front id imagen you have a rocker cover gasket leak or the o-ring on the alternator, just a guess without seeing it.

I'd phone Dave, hes a pretty fair bloke and im sure wouldn't leave you in the lurch mate.

There are no oil ways at the front but oil coild be coming from the filter housing on the block and spraying up. Tbh im suprised as tmd are normaly shit hot! And i know a few people running their forged lumps with no issues atal. Id phone dave and have a word again, dave has helped me out with advice and parts many times over the years and its rare to hear of an issue with them. Im not saying you arnt having problems as you clearly are, just that its a suprise that you havnt come to some sort of resolution with tmd.

Edit: Dave beat me to a reply as i typed lol, cant say fairer than that if he asked for the car to come back in.

lol, as above ^^^^^ dave is a respected member of the starlet scene and would now way leave you in the lurch having just spent the best part of 3 grand on your engine!

how come you never took it back to get the problems sorted over a month ago? :S

There are no oil ways at the front but oil coild be coming from the filter housing on the block and spraying up. Tbh im suprised as tmd are normaly shit hot! And i know a few people running their forged lumps with no issues atal. Id phone dave and have a word again, dave has helped me out with advice and parts many times over the years and its rare to hear of an issue with them. Im not saying you arnt having problems as you clearly are, just that its a suprise that you havnt come to some sort of resolution with tmd.

Edit: Dave beat me to a reply as i typed lol, cant say fairer than that if he asked for the car to come back in.

i should say its the little bits that piss me off n the response the garage is 80 mile from me costing me 30quid ago if i cant bring car back im stuck and costing more i gota pay someone bring me home and get bak agen n i cant work as dont have car so even more lose im bringing it back monday dave i justing seeing what others thought and could advize me on what to do

If you have just spent that much money on an engine i wouldn't be worrying about petrol money to take it back lol!!!

i should say its the little bits that piss me off n the response the garage is 80 mile from me costing me 30quid ago if i cant bring car back im stuck and costing more i gota pay someone bring me home and get bak agen n i cant work as dont have car so even more lose im bringing it back monday dave i justing seeing what others thought and could advize me on what to do
If you have just spent that much money on an engine i wouldn't be worrying about petrol money to take it back lol!!!

Lmao exactly wat i thought!! No offence to you ash but you only have yourself to blame for your ongoing trouble as you chose not to take it back when you where told too.

Lmao exactly wat i thought!! No offence to you ash but you only have yourself to blame for your ongoing trouble as you chose not to take it back when you where told too.

wasnt trying cxxt em off just wondered if ne 1 had similar issue