As above, mite seem a bit of an obv question but al explain why.

I currently have 15" inovite alloys and the car has been lowered on lowering springs, the roads beside me are very bumpy and my Blits Nur spec R back box scrapes sumtimes.

What i want to know is that if i leave the suspension alone but buy 16" alloys do you think this would raise the car enough to stop it scraping ????

Any info/help would be ace

If you change to 16's you will have to go for a lower profile tyre which will make the bumpyness even worse. If you stayed at the same profile the chances are the tyres will scrape the arches due to it being lowered.

See if you can fit any bigger wheels/tyres under there, what are you running at the moment?

With my Starlet which was lowered about 40mm and on 195/45/15 I had no problems, just had to go very slowly over bumps. When I changed to 195/50/15 I could hear the front outside tyre rubbing the arch when cornering hard with a decent bit of steering lock on.

The expensive alternative is coilovers, adjustable ride height and damper rates, on my CRX I had MeisterR coilovers which I'd recommend to anyone on a road car, they were awesome, really comfy, handled very well and even though it took me a while to keep adjusting it I managed to get the ride height just right so it didn't scrape. On the other hand though I wouldn't bother paying £600 for something that wont ever get used to it's full potential.

Another thing to consider is how you like your car to ride, as it's all a bit of a compromise.

Higher profile tyre = more comfortable

Lower proflile = you can feel the road better and it looks better

I loved my Starlet on 45 profiles, could feel everything, with 50's on it felt sloppy. 5% can make a good bit of difference.

Ok lads cheers for the info, i love the feel of the car as it is but just bumbed about the back box scraping down certain roads.

I thnk am going to go down the coilover road (sorry bout the pun lol) because at least i can adjust it until happy, now to put some pennies away for a good set lol