Glanza folding mirrors on lock/unlock made possible by me.

Well today I've finally done it and cracked idea of folding mirrors on lock and unlock via my alarm system. Ive had to make a device to do the electrical side of things and I've not yet figured out how to keep the switch working on the inside at the same time but the first main hurdle has been jumped over.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/l...81/c844d87d.mp4

I'll keep updating as I go on

I remember you saying which is what inspired me to think is possible the problem I had was getting power to the mirrors without it back feeding the ignition and keeping everything on and then it was turning the device off while the ignition was on as my alarm locks the doors when the cars started and it folded the mirrors back in but I've solved that to

I knew there was a tut somewhere cheers for the comments guys, I think I've bust my mirror switch now messing about with it so I'll be putting a wanted add up soon so I can carry on with the project.

• 3 weeks later...

Right it now works with the switch on the inside when the ignition is on and on my button while the ignition if off To do this I've added another DPDT relay and 4 more wires (9 in total).

I'm now integrating a timing device of around 5 seconds so when the doors are locked/unlocked it latches the relay for a set time so the mirrors have enough time to fold in/out before the device swithes off. Also means it will work on a glanza without an alarm by just locking/unlocking the door with the key (as mine and many other alarms have a setting so it's sends a feed to the door actuators for 1sec or 6sec, which is why mine works without a timing device).