Heatwraping, Does It Make A Difference?

Yea it depends what mani you have mate, Ricky lee or zisco something like that will be fine anything from eBay or toyo sports ect that are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot will crack for sure!

My mates rs turbo has a wrapped mani and the cooling / isolation properties of it are amazing i mean the mani was touchable after a good 10 minutes of abuse!

sounds good to me mate, i have a racetech mani being made up for me at the moment so will be looking to heatwrap that aswell as the downpipe :)

if heat wrapping the exhaust makes a difference, how about wrapping the intercooler pipes that go to the inlet and the hotpipe? i know you have to use reflective tape stuff but is it worth doing this?

i have my manifold, turbo and downpipe all professionally ceramic coated which will show what insulation will do at its best. car can be running and manifold is only warm to the touch.

before and after results i didn't do power but boost came on harder and spool to 1bar dropped by around 400rpm an a K1 turbocharger

Tim

TB Developments

• 2 weeks later...

i am going to do this soon :p i did it to my citroen c2 gt and when i wrapped the manifold it popped alot better letting off at 70, but i am going on ebay now and goign to buy a roll lol and i will say to use jubilee clips as the stainless ties are good but jubilee clips have a better hold