best way to get bass without a sub?

looking to sort out the stereo in my v soon, its all standard and pathetic at the moment, i want a nice anmount of bass but am not fitting a sub in my car and also have oem parcel shelf speaker which i will not remove and replace with 6x9 so they will be kept, what front speakers can i use and where else can i fit speakers?

cheers

im in the same boat, I've upgraded the fronts and its just as bad as before. i have had a look and it seems the speakers behind/under the dash need a case on the back of them to force the sound out forward as i tried the speakers enclosed and they sounded 1000000000x better lol

also my friend had a slimline 6" sub that fitted underneath the front seat of his civic, gave good sound for the size and you never even knew it was there :)

As above you can get slim line subs that can go underneath seats.

Otherwise get some good components, running off an amp. Your head unit might say 4x50w or something like that but really it's more like 4x15w RMS.

Do a bit of reading on what makes a good speaker etc... there's more to it than just watts for a start.

Oh and 6x9's are a compromise and not the best for quality.

Get some decent 6x9's and front speakers and run them from an amp, if you run the speakers off the head unit you will only get what ever power the head unit is rated for (eg. 4x50w - 4 speakers at max 50w each), where as if you run them through an amp, they will receive all the power they require if the amp is powerful enough. Hope this makes sense.

Jamie

The dash speakers are 4" ull never realy get any good bass from them your best bet will be fitting speakers elseware like in the door cards or behind seats either way it will be a custom encloser job and as said above an amp will do wonders

Even if you had the best speakers in the world in the standard places they wouldn't be ideal, as they're facing downwards. If I were you I'd get some custom door pods made, big enough to fit some decent size speakers and just run an amp and a crossover on some components. With the right setup it should be bassy enough but without a good sub you wont really replicate deep powerful bass.

In saying that though, a lot of people get "reasonable" music quality with some uprated front speakers and a single sub and nothing else. Nothing special but good enough for casual listening whilst sat in traffic etc...

My dad sells these 6"/300w (100wrms) beasties, they are MENTAL for their size, and only need a box about the size of a shoe-box. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220872040172 - Check out the mad videos he took! <_<

Genuinely as good as the average 10" or even 12" sub due to how far they travel! I just asked if he'll do you guys any kid of deal and he's happy for me to organise a group buy if people are interested (and it's ok with the mods etc):

1-3 = 5% off

4-8 = 10% off

9-15 = 15% off

16-29 = 20% off

30+ = 25% off

Just a thought! :p

T6-Lres-1-1.jpg

Actually they came about due to the German thing for "kick bass" - very punchy as they have smaller cones that are more directly connected to the voice coils.

They do need an active crossover though (ie the amp has the crossover built in) as they don't do well in the midrange!