Got caught speeding

Heres the deal.

I took the starlet off road for the past 2 years because i was quite heavy footed on the loud pedal so i thought i would do some work on it and help to try and get some points of at the same time :D

I bought a daily driver (shitty diesel) for work and back and i hardly every drive above the speed limit (no point in this car, lol). I went to visit my Uni friend in Leicester which is new territory for and was using a tom tom.

That was on the 1st October and got a letter through this weekend (11.11.11) for doing a 42 in a 30, which i dont reember seeing anyone as i was too worried where i was going.

I have a letter asking to respond if i was the driver ( i was) but im exploring my options first. Im proper gutted as it was a small mistake rather than what i used to do a few years back being heavy footed. I cant afford another set of points.

I want to go on a speed awareness course but not sure if i can?

Is there a certain time for when they have to get back to you?

If i cant go on the course then looks like ill have to take em (another few years without the starlet i guess :))

Cheers

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I did read it was 10% plus 9mph but that depends on the area.

Im proper gutted.

It was on the A563 ATTLEE WAY, Leicester, which im sure isnt a normal residential road. Will have to google earth it.

:D

i was caught doing 100+ in a 40 and got sent on the course but thats cause they never actualy caught me with the gun so it was there word against mine and we both agreed the driving course would be a better option a court case. bonus on my side was i was actauly caught there and then by the officer and was able to appeal to his goodside since its just an automated service thats got u might be worth going to court for it. just depends how many points u have and how this will effect how long your off the road for

Notice of Intended Prosecution - Does a NIP have to be received within 14 days? ... Service can be by first class post, by hand or in some circumstances, ... of the prosecution who only have to show that they have followed the correct ... of Intended Prosecution is more than 14 days after the offence, then you can reject it