Evo Vs. Scooby - which do you prefer?

Evo Vs. Scooby  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

do you prefer, as in, you've driven all variations and have deduced this decision from hours in the driving seat, or just from what you hear down the pub ? :rolleyes:

If its the educated decision, then i don't actually have a specific favourite. I prefer the look of evo's, and the drive, but i did have some serious fun in a particular impreza thats one of the only cars i got out of and kept shaking for about half an hour after.

I will be having an Evo 4 RS in the forseeable future after the S14, this is because i love their understated look, and have ALWAYS preferred the way they drive to the impreza's, but i'd also take an Evo 7 GSR as i love them too.

The scoob i'd take would be a '98 3dr STi Type-RA (as a stock car), because the one i drove, well, it had about 100,000miles on the clock, and it prob felt like the tightest and best running car ever. absolutely phenominal in every way (except the quarter of a tank of fuel i used in 4 minutes on one occasion).

Modded, it'd be a Type-25 Spec-C impreza. One i drove was stupid. 400bhp, 480lb/ft, made for some stupid lack of traction/ absolutely insane.

personally i'd purchase an evo, 1/2/3's will always be more raw but they can be problematic.

Thats all based on personal experience too, i dont see how you can comment otherwise, thats my opinion :p

Ecks has a point tho, he's just expressing his experiences as he's seen many in the field, makes the thread interesting and was a good read.

I've been a passenger in an STi, dont know what year etc but it was a rollercoaster, the torque pulled my back into the seat and I was left breathless.

Visually I prefer Evo, but Scoobs can also really go like stink.

Gran Turismo 4 tonight me thinks.

Joz

I said Evo because:- 1) There not around every god damn corner

2) Think they are better looking than most scoobs but I love the new shape scoob

and 3) There just something about them :p

I do love the sound of the flat four though and would definitley not say NO to a scoob one day :wub:

P.S Gran Turismo 3 FTMW!!!! :rolleyes::( (saying that I would be playing no 4 but i lent it out :p)

y cant you just let it be man, can people not just say i visually prefer the look of one over the other not everythig has to be so bloody serious

you didnt mention anything about looks, you said which you prefer, you never mentioned which one you prefer the looks of or which one you prefer to drive, i mean, come on, be specific for once.

least joz understands :rolleyes:

Ecks - personal preference doesn't need to be based on anything. Especially as the basis of the preference has been left wide open.

It could be based on the number of cup holders as far as this thread is concerned.

It's class you've had a chance to compare - you don't have to rub it in :rolleyes:

Si - Ecks is only expressing his preference, and the reasons behind them, just as you asked.

Personal preference would be a nice EVO 6. There both fantastic cars but the EVO's are a little rarer with the price to match.

If I owned a scooby I would remove the unequal length manifold and install an equal one for a unique sound as am a little tied of that traditional sound :rolleyes:

Kind Regards,

Toby@ Toy Tuning

i chose evo, but i would take a scoob 3dr, ther nice...

used to love the evo 5/6 but now have a fondness for the 7 and 9, not the 8 its grill is ghay.

oh yea do they make a 3 door version? only ever seen 5s...