Only just seen the vids of Geo's 4EFE EP82

Is this a genuine race? Is it really that quick?

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUBo2h18s0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Check the channel for the other vids if you haven't seen them, it's fucking mental. (And Geo is a joker lol!)

I take it that it's a 100bhp 4EFE with the exhaust/manifold/cams from Joz's old 5EFHE build?

Is this a genuine race? Is it really that quick?

aye its nuts, thanx for the link, shows you dont need a turbo ep to get kicks, its at 720 od kgs,

want to get more video footage in the car as it stands the now, but crails not until the fith, aiming for a high 14 pass and il be gutted/shocked if it doesnt do it.

the six speed is ace, id recomend anyone to get one, totaly gets rid of the dull top end performance of any ep, the accelerations almost the same at the top end as it is getting there and it will go rite up to the limiter in sixth,

since ive built it ive not taken it out much but I've pulled on an ep3 type r top end on the motorway and also destroyed an ek4 vti on the edinburgh cb(boys were well apreceating)

i know thats not big or nothing to brag about but pretty shit hot for what it is.

was so amense taking it for a rag after building all the car up, with the ud puly and flywheel blipping the throttles a lot quicker if that makes sense.

I take it that it's a 100bhp 4EFE with the exhaust/manifold/cams from Joz's old 5EFHE build?

ye the spec is

jdm 4efe bottom end, recond 5efhe head with cams

jdm 4efe manifold, and tb

6 speed corolla g6r gearbox

lightened flywheel

light weight ud pully

4-1 headers

fujibutsu 2" exhaust

stripped, front and rear braces

pu engine mounts

When you say it will do a high 14 that gives me a good idea of how quick it really is for a 1.3, there's a lad round by me with a 106 Quicksilver with a GTi engine, not sure what power it's running but that did a 14.7 I think and it kills most things round here.

So for a 1.3 that's seriously quick.

It makes me want another Starlet now lol, I'd love to build a similar engine and put it in a stripped and lightened EP91 shell.

Geo I'm thinking of getting my flywheel lightened on my NA as I'm replacing the clutch, is it worthwhile? And is there anything I should know before going about doing it?

The revs will rise faster but also fall faster too, so for instance when you let your foot off the throttle and just roll along, the revs will drop quicker than usual whereas a standard flywheel will keep spinning and carry you along a bit more.

@ Geo - have you toyed with the idea of any more engine mods? Wilder cams and higher rev limit? :lol:

Would be interesting to see how this fares against a 4AGE Starlet, but it would be hard to judge as obviously you can say the bigger engine is going to have more torque but it's offset by how light this Starlet is!

I love the 4EFE but is there any reason you went for the 4EFE over a 5EFHE?

Edited by ste91

I know the JDM 4EFE came with 100ps, what I mean was the 5EFHE may have been a better starting point as it already has 110ps and revs quite high, so instead of having to change cams and whatever you could simply bolt on the other mods and away you go.

I suppose you have to change the ECU/wiring loom with one of those though.

Not doubting the 4EFE, just interested to see why he used a 4EFE bottom end when there are 5EFHE parts out there (Joz's build was pretty much a 5EFHE wasn't it?)

Edited by ste91

I'm thinking of getting my flywheel lightened on my NA as I'm replacing the clutch, is it worthwhile?

probably not + im warry of skimming, doesnt it weeken it?

imo

if its a 91 id see about swapping the gearbox with a 4efe corolla box, there relatively cheep, has lower 4.3 final drive, yea so that, your skimmed flywheel + ud pully, taking a couple of kilos off the crank at the same time, ud defo feel a noticable difference with that.

but tbh itl never be as fast as an 82 theres a good 120+ kilos difference straight away, the eye opener was the 2e 12valve engine that was in it before with 75bhp was much faster than any 4efe 91 ive had..

have you toyed with the idea of any more engine mods? Wilder cams and higher rev limit? :lol:

I love the 4EFE but is there any reason you went for the 4EFE over a 5EFHE?

happy with the way it is the now, to be honest, couldent justify spending anything else on it, bought the kudos for 200 quid with 170,000 miles on the clock, was in a rush to get it up and running, its ruff but sorta adds to the apeal of driving it. more transfixed on the weight, thats where most of the speeds coming from.

ive got gutted doors and a gutted hatch, ive got another na bonnet skin, if i could get a proper perspex window kit with that lot im sure i can dip under 6**kilos,

that version of 4efe is bullet proof, more hardcore than the uk 4efe which can also take a beating,

imo

if its a 91 id see about swapping the gearbox with a 4efe corolla box, there relatively cheep, has lower 4.3 final drive, yea so that, your skimmed flywheel + ud pully, taking a couple of kilos off the crank at the same time, ud defo feel a noticable difference with that.

but tbh itl never be as fast as an 82 theres a good 120+ kilos difference straight away, the eye opener was the 2e 12valve engine that was in it before with 75bhp was much faster than any 4efe 91 ive had..

Most of my money is going on the GT so don't wanna bother with a box change. I'm only looking to do something to make a bit of difference as the NA's needing a clutch change.

I've done a bit of reading around I'm sure a decent place could take some off within the strength limits of the fly. Where can I get an Underdrive pulley?

imo

Funny you should say that about the 2e 12valve my brother said the exact same thing about his 2e seeming alot faster than the 4efe

happy with the way it is the now, to be honest, couldent justify spending anything else on it, bought the kudos for 200 quid with 170,000 miles on the clock, was in a rush to get it up and running, its ruff but sorta adds to the apeal of driving it. more transfixed on the weight, thats where most of the speeds coming from.

ive got gutted doors and a gutted hatch, ive got another na bonnet skin, if i could get a proper perspex window kit with that lot im sure i can dip under 6**kilos,

that version of 4efe is bullet proof, more hardcore than the uk 4efe which can also take a beating,

you goin for a six speed morgey ?

mines fubar'd loosing shed loads of power thru it most people recon they loose 25-30hp mines 45hp if the dyno readings were anywhere near acurate!

so looking for a 5spd lsd from a ae111 but they are imposible to come by, i did however find one on jap yahoo auctions. full trd gearset 4.312 final drive etc.... starting bid £1236 :o errmm ill pass haha

not sure if the 6 speed would fit in my bay either, if its got a bigger casing on the 5th-6th gear end of the box then it wont, but the 6th gear on the ae boxes is apparently a real weak gear aswel!

i think thats partly a stigma, big power might present a problem

but u get them on the 2zzz which has 30bhp more than u and aye the casing

is the same

final drives from the c series boxes fit if your after the 4.3

After seeing yours im tempted by it, is your box from a 4e or 4a? Guessing the 4e, but im guessing the levin 6spds differ from the 2zz and 4e ones, everyone has trouble with them on forums :/

I mite just get a 6spd n a 4.3 f/d n see about fitting a a/m lsd and maybe find a longer gear for 6th for cruising if its possible.

One good thing about mine is I can do 80 at 3500rpm or less which makes it fairly eco on runs haha