It truely is a sad day!

Just as i order in a load of parts for my engine i get side swiped by a BOAT of all things. He was towing a trailer and its the wheel on his trailer is what has casused most of the damage. Quarter panel, door, wing, bumper, mirror casing and 2 alloy wheels all need repaired.

It happened on saturday afternoon, on literally my first drive round town after getting out of work. He was in the left lane with a boat on a trailer, then just moved into my lane with no warning or indicating. The guy claims not to have even known he hit me. I ended up having to overtake him and pull in front of him before he would stop the car. Luckily i got an eyewitness report to back me up and at the time the guy accepted liability.

Its not so much the amount of damage he has done, but its the fact its over the entire side of my car. Got the estimates to fix it and they range from 1100-1280 Pictures dont show all the damage, as wing and bumper is mostly paint damage, however the door and quarter panel are like dent city.

(by the way the reason there is no bump strip, is i removed them recently and just had'nt got round to getting new solid ones made up to fill in the gap)

picture001ri7.jpg

picture003sp6.jpg

picture005hz4.jpg

picture004mv8.jpg

i swear, when dave msg'd me on saturday i pure SHITE myself and phoned him straight away! i can tell u guys he was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed off esp as we had spent ALL day msgin about his plans for the car!!! thats wot makes this even more of a pure shitter!

Glad your ok mate and the mrs too!!!! could have been worse!!! hopefully u can get her fixed up ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep me posted!

Phil.

its not going through the insurance. i have three different quotes and all are keeping the door and fixing it just. It needs bumper sprayed, wing sprayed, door fixed and sprayed, quarter panel fixed and sprayed.

also new mirror casing and toyota definatly know how to charge for them. As for getting the new graphics, he is getting billed for them from toyota, but i wont be getting them ill get custom ones made from a graphics company and get them to fill it in solid where i removed the bump strip.

As your not going thru insurance i assume the other guy is paying for it all??? If not why not????? would it not be easier to ring some breakers yards get the replacement bits in black and fit them yourself and get the dent removed and sprayed at a paint shop?

well im just back from the guys house, and i gotta give him his dues. He squared me up every penny to the cost of fixing the car. Happend on saturday, and squared up by wednesday thats gotta be a record.

Good to hear mate

Hope the car gets fixed in teh same amount of time ;)

nah ill finish the engine bits off first, just picked the parts up this afternoon from toyota.

Need the head skimmed, powdercoating done, piston rings fitted, manifold fitted, engine flushed and oil changed, and gear box oil changed. The guy hit my car literally the afternoon after i rang toyota to order them all in.]

i was amazed it was all settled so quick. Had to shake the guys hand at the end of it all. Accidents can happen to anyone, at the end of the day he accepted blame and put his hand into his pocket. Only problem now is the money is sitting in front of me and i keep finding my self drawn to the for sale sections on websites, and funkystyling.com etc. Then just find a cheaper bodyshop to do the work and im still no worse off.