What type of starlet?

Hi, i am 17 learning to drive. I found out about starlets last year at a jap show (brother owns a two rx7's and a viper GTS). I was wondering what model would be the most sensible to buy with insurance costs and speed in mind as i wish to race at local tracks. (From northants).

I think for a 1.3 n/a you will be looking around £2000+ insurance for a year.

I was paying £2000 on a glanza when I had two years no claims, I tried a few places but I think I would have found a cheaper quote if I rang everyone :).

Can i have the full model name and year please xD And do you think it would pull away from a 2003 1.6 focus zetec? Cheers mate, and i hear that independant insurance companys are sometimes the way to go.

EDIT - What does N/A mean like non turbo?

Edited by Ginz

Just look at the starlet sportif's or sr's or something mate. I had a good quote for my second year with brentacre but they told me they dot insure starlets anymore :(.

Yeah it does mean non turbo man, naturally aspirated :). Good luck with the quotes! :)

34yberc.jpg

Tramp Drifting Car just for a laugh

2d8ql1j.jpg

Other rx7 (without carbon bonnet) and Tramp Drifter before becoming trampdrifter.

Rx7.jpg

Other Rx7 (with Carbon Bonnet)

14uf2ar.jpg His Pride And Joy

10eo9w8.jpg

Edited by Ginz

Yeah its awesome only been in it a few times as he is always busy with work and that, but it is awesome when i do get too. Unfortunatly the only one that is mot'd at the moment is the red rx7... but hopefully when the weather warms up i will get to tag along and possibly learn to drift =)

Few drifting pics -zoff_the_floor.jpg 2 wheels xD

tunnel_run.jpg

Just for luke... Rims it has on at the moment i think.

zviper.jpg

Edited by Ginz

I'm 20 now i was 19 when I got my starlet gls and I'm paying 236 a month so about 2800 ish bearing in mind I had my lisence for a year already but this is my first car so your be extreamly lucky to get insurance under 2500 I think :(

Edited by jimmymac101

I do like those ep80's got my eyes set on a starlet at the moment. Ashame my brother doesn't aprove, he seems to think i should get an old mini or something simular -_- Can someone give me some links to decent places to search for these cars (for sale) i am finding it extremely difficult at the moment.