Guest Enzo

does your glanza have abs mate? also does it have then uk spec wing mirrors or electric ones mate, if they do then its not a light weight

if you could take a picture of whats on the dash in place of the hi low boost switch and under your engine perhaps?

ye its got abs and electric mirrors.

for the boost button ther just a fake button if you wat a mean. ull hav to wait for a image of under the engine (why you want to look under the engine) cause if ther ment to be somthing a could hav a look.

heres a few images of ma car if they help...

engine.jpg

front_side.jpg

Guest Enzo

if you check in the faq section ull see the configuratio for the hi low boost oslenoid bypass, cross refrence that with yours then ull know,

sounds like the person before you has just done that and put a blanking plate over hi low

Well firstly I notice you haven't got colour coded mirrors. Are you sure they are electric? Ie. Do you have a littl "retract" button to retract the wing mirrors? That's usually a tell-tale sign of the lightweight (poverty spec :) ) version.

Secondly, you don't have the boost solenoid at all -- either that means that someone has totally removed it, or it was never there in the first place (another tell-tale sign of it being a lightweight version)

solenoidbs6.jpg

I'll go out to get some pics for you to compare against.

ye dude they are electric as they have the power to retract lol :)

N yeah that wat i was starting to think as i dont have any solenoid at all...

cause here the image of the place that the solenoid should be

engine_part.jpg

and heres my dash with no boost button.

dash.jpg

were you at crail on sunday there tomy think i was parkd behind you?

so do the lightweight 1's have a Limited Slip Diff as this is my sticker on the door pillar.

sticker.jpg

Jack it up and see :)

P.S. Yeah I was there. Saw you parked up, never clicked till you just said though. I thought I had got a photo of your car, but just looked through and it seems I never.

you dont have abs, and that sticker doesn't mean it has LSD, they all have that sticker :)

also, by 'lightweight' it actually means the poverty spec version, people who call it lightweight are in denial, it was actually the bottom spec model that was sold from dealers for a few quid less, sometimes referred to as 'lightweight' as you've discovered to get people to buy them, but realistically, it was just the bottom end model (hence the rarity, as most people preferred the options of ABS etc).