just found a snail in my tesco frozen veg :s

i work with in a food company and actually sell into tesco as one of our big accounts, they will have a field day with this.

Firstly you are well within your rights!

you need to right a letter to the address on the back of the bag, should be tesco HQ in Cheshunt (if you cant find it let me now i have it as i send stuff there all the time) mention you have kept the snail and will post it once it is required, but hang on to it till then, and the bag you got it out of as it will have a 'lot' number which relates to which batch it was produced in and will speed up your claim and tracking process. If they have to recall the batch this will cost the producers a shed load..at least 40k

Also play up how distrested you were upon finding it and that it put you of your meal completely. that you dont normally complain however this has really shocked you etc etc

Hope that helps and if you find anything is fish ready meals please dont complain it give me such a headache :p lol

Edited by *Zoe*

haha, a right bunch of jokers some of you lot are ;) hehe!

And thanks for the advice zoe :) would it be worth threatening them with trading standards? would the fact my boss is a qualified solicitor also go in my favour so i could threaten them even further?

i still cant believe it, although it may only be small it has put me off frozen veg for life :(

Why would you get trading standards involved this early for? If they refuse to give you any sort of refund / vouchers (which they wont!) then you can get on to them.. Remember this is Tesco (I work for them :rolleyes:) and believe me, customers come first!

get complaining mate! take them for every penny you can as that just aint on having that in your food!

Why for every penny? I mean c'mon its only a snail at the end of the day yes and I know it shouldn't be there but hey ho. Its rinsed before freezing by machine and says on the package, rinse well before preparing ect. Just go and complain and get your free vouchers :rolleyes:

lol, i didnt say i would get them involved straight away but i might give it a sly mention in the letter ;) and hey, a snail is a snail no matter how big or small :) plus i have seen big payouts for lesser things ;) lol

Yeah trading standards would get involved but like luke said, its a bit further down the line, when they get wind of it they will be all over tesco and the supplier of the veg doing spot checks on the plant and basically make there lives hell for a bit (i have been through this and its not nice for the supplier) But this process basically means tesco will bend over backwards to keep you sweet before it gets to that.

Maybe mention in the letter that you have spoken to ...(what ever your bosses title is) as a family friend and has taken his advise to contact them, like i said before mentioning that you normally dont complain.

Also this will screw massively as it is classed as meat in a vegaterian friendly product so trust me they will be giving you something

There will be a small print somewhere on the line that covers them...

I worked in a tesco express and a dude found a small dead lizard in the bottom of a pack of grapes he naught for his missus valentines breakfast (I took the return myself!) he got a letter back a few weeks later from tesco explaining that all of their fresh fruit and veg is screened before packaging, by the suppliers, and although this is a very thorough process, we or the supplier can't guarantee 100% of produce can be free of natural matter or foreign objects!

He got a full refund by our store and a £40 tesco voucher from head office...