Midlands Karting Meet - Any interest?

DATE NOW SET, SEE THREAD LINK AT BOTTOM OF PAGE

Right then guys, me and my best mate Dom both work at Mr Karting in Leamington Spa and have come up with an idea for a karting meet/tournament kind of thing?

We are both active members on quite a few forums, and were thinking of making this into a multi-forum event... so there should be some serious rivalry lol and a good chance to test your driving skills against other petrolheads! It has the potential to be a massive turnout and the location is IMO a good spot for photographs as we share the site with a storage firm and a scrapyard so there is loads of opportunities to take some quality shots!

We're going to post this on the following sites and see what interest we get, and whether people would actually be up for taking part! -

UKSC

CivicLife

MeganeSport

ClioSport

206Info

+ a few local forums possibly as well.

Looking at arranging it for some point in April (probably on a Sunday afternoon/early evening).

Price would be £20 per head for 2 x 15minute sessions on the track. Each driver would get a printout after each session with all their lap times on, average lap and fastest lap too!

Address is as follows, the site is about 5 minutes off the M40 -

Mr Karting Ltd

Unit 2 The Hangars

Harbury Lane

Leamington Spa

Warwickshire

CV33 9SA

I appreciate there isn't a great deal of members really local to me - HOWEVER, it is an ideal location as Leamington is pretty much slap bang in the middle from Coventry, Oxford, Birmingham, Northampton, Leicester, Banbury, Milton Keynes... so all within close enough distance and with the other clubs potentially coming as well it has the potential to become a huge turnout, would be a good laugh and well worth the journey!

So who would be up for this? And any other suggestions to make?

If there is plenty of interest then I will set up a proper meet thread and get it all arranged with a date and confirm prices :)

Edited by Turkish91
  • 2 weeks later...