My 5e V - Paint, roll cage and electrical stuffs!

Another wee update, spent another hour on the gt today, got the wiring loom disconnected, and the inlet manifold off so i could get to the alternator and starter and the leaky rocker cover had covered it all in shit so it was impossible to do ith the manifold still in, also removed the rad, heater pipes, bayttery and a couple of other bits

disconnected the gear linkage and speed sensor etc and found out i have a speedo converter fitted.

So tomorrows plan i drain the oil, pull the driveshafts and maybe start on the engine mounts?

WestDevon-20120229-00286.jpg

WestDevon-20120229-00285.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, another wee update, got the engine out of the GT, im obviously far too practiced at getting these engines in and out lol, took a total time of 4hrs.

IMG-20120303-00298.jpg

Cornwall-20120303-00299.jpg

Cornwall-20120303-00300.jpg

Needs some serious work doing on it the engine is a fucking mess, oil everywhere etc! So that might be this afternoons job if it stops raining!

Edited by J25GTi

Get on J!

You really got shit on there mate, but good to see you

not giving in ( That isn't your style anyways ) &

Getting it sorted. I know AJ's aint cheap but heard good things

about his work :)

And Chinky Daves on here too. Awesome!

Anyway, I know Im a * Cough * ford fiesta zs owner * Cough * Didn't say a thing...

But I love Jap's and this is one very nice looking V dude!

Haha I may just drop a B16 in my Fezza... Mk5 with a nice Jap twist!!!

Get on J!

You really got shit on there mate, but good to see you

not giving in ( That isn't your style anyways ) &

Getting it sorted. I know AJ's aint cheap but heard good things

about his work :)

And Chinky Daves on here too. Awesome!

Anyway, I know Im a * Cough * ford fiesta zs owner * Cough * Didn't say a thing...

But I love Jap's and this is one very nice looking V dude!

Haha I may just drop a B16 in my Fezza... Mk5 with a nice Jap twist!!!

Thanks paul, i know you rhaving loads of issues with your zs, but this kind of puts it in perspective, i shall give you a shout when im free to lend a hand matey.

shit me just read this swear you have the 5e twin of my 5e nearly exact same problems on all accounts. glad your getting it sorted though ;)

Thanks for the support mate, its this kind of support that keeps it going and not giving up on it all together! you had these issues with yours? what a shitter :(

Soo unlucky dude :( but dont give up, its a lovely example :D, i am building mine up atm and cannot wait :D

Ralphyyyy

Thanks mate, are you 5e'ing yours too?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quite a large update today peeps!

IMG-20120401-00405.jpg

It came home :D I picked it up last week, couldnt drive it due to it not starting, so towed it back,and been a sunday no one was around to look at it, so i had to get it home and sort it out for myself.

After 3 hours poncing around i found the issue, the CTS wasnt plugged in, plugged it in and away it went :D

So i took it for a test spin up the hill to see what my td04 and 4e went like.

Gutted wasnt the word for it, it was shite. SO slow.So i parked it back on the drive and went to the pub to ponder...

IMG-20120401-00406.jpg

I spent the next couple of days pondering and then decided it could only be a CTS problem, So, i got the old stat housing off of my glanza swapped all the sensors over and took it for another spin. RESULT, much nippier :D

I then took it for a premot inspection as it is nearly up, and it needs a few bits sorting out - CV boot, Ball joint, Exhaust flexi, Cat, ARB droplinks, Civic rad fitting properly. oh and a rear suspension strut

Not a major list, but all in all still a bit to do.

So while im awaiting parts i thought i would clean it and get the 2 years of inground dirt and plant life of her and get her back to her full shining glory!

So I then had a huge polava with halfrauds and a snowfoam attachment and ended up buying a new pressure washer, as you do!

Saw this on the way to homebase to get said pressure washer -

IMG-20120406-00419.jpg

I loled.

Pics of all the road grime etc ready to come off! -

IMG-20120406-00420.jpg

IMG-20120406-00421.jpg

IMG-20120406-00422.jpg

Snow foaming in progress -

IMG-20120406-00423.jpg

IMG-20120406-00424.jpg

All washed down and ready for some correction -

IMG-20120406-00425.jpg

Some of the heavy soiling that needs to be removed, oily hands etc!

IMG-20120406-00428.jpg

So i started, it took me 4hours to get the bonnet up to scratch, 3 goings over with Autoglym paint renovator, 4 coats of autoglym srp, and 4 coats of g3 super resin wax.

Then the sun came round and i couldnt go any further with it, so i fitted my rear strut brace :)

IMG-20120406-00429.jpg

IMG-20120406-00430.jpg

Todays mission if it dries up is carry on correcting the paint work, If not i might do the civic rad and get that all fitted properly.

If not it will be down to the garage to get the rear strut off the GT and hopefully get that all prepped ready tog o on :)

Thanks mate, its getting there, just yet more money to spend on stuff! its never ending! Ran out of cloths for cleaning today, so so far ive done the bonnet, pass door, roof bar, and spoiler lol, but im correcting the paint, 5 coats of polish and 5 of wax so it takes a little while!

Blimey, dirty wasn't the word! Awesome to see some progress after so long though dude. Any pics of the bonnet? I love seeing shiny paintwork.

Also did you get buy one get one free from Halfords? They have an offer on this weekend!

Yes mate, i have a couple, havent even finished it yet!

a bit of beading after the rain last night

IMG-20120407-00432.jpg

IMG-20120407-00434.jpg

With this one the door is polished but if you look closely you can see the marking on the 1/4 panel

IMG-20120407-00435.jpg

Spoiler before -

IMG-20120407-00437.jpg

and after

IMG-20120407-00438.jpg

yeah iddy i got my snowfoam and g3 wax on that :) hopefully its on an upward slope now!

just reading through, that 5e looks like somthing has been in there to scor it like that. easy enough to do on a turbo car, with lots of intake pipes, etc, its so easy for somthing to get in there. i wouldnt blame the engine builders, most likely to be a mistake on your part, sorry to say fella.

just reading through, that 5e looks like somthing has been in there to scor it like that. easy enough to do on a turbo car, with lots of intake pipes, etc, its so easy for somthing to get in there. i wouldnt blame the engine builders, most likely to be a mistake on your part, sorry to say fella.

Well. I have the block sat right infront of me as i type this, and it is scored even further down than the stroke of the piston, so seems to me to be a machining fault.

was it there before you put the head on? how can that be a machining fault? it looks like somthing was in there, or its had the shit revved out of it, and the edge of the piston ring has cut into it.... rather than being run in. but it looks too big to have been the latter

was it there before you put the head on? how can that be a machining fault? it looks like somthing was in there, or its had the shit revved out of it, and the edge of the piston ring has cut into it.... rather than being run in. but it looks too big to have been the latter

How can it have been the piston ring when it goes from the very bottom of the block to the very top, PAST the length the piston travels in the block? if something was in there it would only go the length the piston travels in the block.

.In a dead straight line etc too, there is no way something in the bore has caused this. It has been verified by another engine builder too. So yeah, its kind of irrelavnt really...