Wiring Glanza mirrors to work in a N/A

Bought some Glanza electric folding mirrors! From Socks!

So I'm baffled as how to make these works as in guessing in the Glanza it would have the existing plugs which plug into the mirrors then into the switch...

I have two pictures with the back of the switch, and also the wing mirrors plugs.

How could I make them work?.. Would appreciate the help!

b52c8887.jpg

aef98593.jpg

Thanks

Im interested in this also, but im pretty sure theres a control relay somewhere behind the dash thats needed, and also ideally the glanza loom would need to be mimic'd pin to pin from each mirror to relay and relay to switch. Plus power feeds.

So wiring diagram and let us know whether or not there is a relay aswel? :D

I was hoping the Glanza loom wasn't needed or a relay.

Was kind of hopin some kind of bodge could be made, spading the connectors ect... Surely from looking at wiring diagrams, you can see what the colour of wires do and therefore cut and splice them jnto our own 'mini loom'

Lewis

hi

see if the following helps you check & test your set-up

-----1st column is mirror wires , 2nd column is dash loom-----

Right hand side..

Brown to Green/black stripe

blue to green/white stripe

red to green

black to green/red stripe

green to green/yellow stripe

Left hand side..

brown to pink/black stripe

red to pale green

blue to green/white stripe

black to pink

green to green/yellow stripe

hope this helps you all

lyle

That is possible yes, but me being a perfectionist I would love to make use of the OEM switch which I have with them..

You can easily wire them to ignition so when it's on there open and off they close. It looks like that's what I'm going to have to do In fairness..

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Resurrection of an old tread. Who's still interested in this. As I'm currently working on this with my SR and have successfully traced back the mirror switch PCB and figured out what wire does what and got it all working on my living room floor including retract/fold function.

20150904_111809_zps9kckyhun.jpg

I've been taking pictures and I'm making the loom up so it's plug and play for my SR.

I've been an auto electrician for over 15 years now so I know what I'm doing hopefully I'll be able to make the guide so you can DIY.

Reading back at what Ryan lang said I'd made the mirrors on my glanza fold with the lock and unlock function of my alarm not the ignition.

http://s663.photobucket.com/user/luke200381/media/FGMOUKSG/c844d87d.mp4.html

Edited by lukEp

Good work, I've wired it all up in my Sr, the passenger side footwell plug didnt have enough pins in it so i had to get a bigger plug and repin all the old with the added mirror wiring.

I got the power from the fusebox under the steering wheel and earthed it in the kick panel.

You'll need to run the wires across the car to the pass and drivers kick panel to plug into the door plugs as well.

A proper guide would be spot on though so take lots of notes :) lol

Yeah mine has the plug on the passenger side same as drivers.

20150903_115857_zps6bati49c.jpg

Yeah I've already made a loom to feed the passenger side and cut the right plugs out of a paseo to make it plug and play. The wires are already in the doors for folding mirrors as well.

Edited by lukEp