4Paw discussion

bit bored tonight so thought id start up a thread to see what your thoughts are on this.

on the look out for ep95 which will just be a daily driver til the funds are saved for the conversion, main question would be is it worth the effort and expense bulding a turbod 4paw or would most people just get a GT or glanza. i was convinced on doing it but few people have kinda made me think, struggling to find one too which doesnt help either -_-

hope to hear from some 4paw owners :)

I loved both my v's and also my ep85. It all depends what your after tbh as the short ratio box anoyes the shit out of me! It revs its tits off at 80mph in 5th :( yes you could change all the ratios but its an expensive mod and isnt as simple as people think (you cant just bug gt gears in) my 4paw is a track car basicaly its not realy a parctical daily if you use motorways much. id settle for my v back if i was after a usable reliable(ish) fast car but as im an old man i am luckiy enough to have silly cheap insurace so have an import pop to the shops car, a 4paw track car and a works van lol

what he said^^ i had the ep85 before he bought it and it wasnt the best for a daily driver so got a civic aint much better! and to be honest the mileage i was getting in a n/a ep85 4paw was worse on fuel than some of the turbo starlets that went to japfest last year!

I heard about the short ratio box and to be honest don't use motorways as often except the odd days getting to uni. I was settle on a ep95 to keep standard a while as insurance is silly money for a v or gt so was my plan to have it as a long time developing build to get turbod at some point. Would also prob be a advantage to me as living on top if a mountain is a understatement when snows about might as well be stranded for a few months lol

They are good in a 4wd style enviroment tbh as i took mine greenlaning alot with turbo_grant. was wicked fun but i would say check the insurance first. as if its insured properly then they arnt actualy very cheap to insure as they are a rare import of unknown background to an insurer and then chuck in an engine conversion amd the fact that premium increase on a modified car is based on how much power over standard you have raised it by :( oem 4paw s model is 100hp so just an engine transplant is a 33hp gain straght away. :( not so cheap as youd think to insure.

Dont get me wrong i dont want to put you off just think people see 4paws as a supper grippy monster starlet. and theres alot more to it. parts arnt all the same as the other starlets either and are bastard expensive from toyota :(

Must get few quotes and see first, any recommendations of insurers for one ? Others were saying cause its not on insurers systems its classed as ep91 import n/a then ring them to get them to change the drive to 4wd, will call few places tomorrow and find out

Dont get me wrong i dont want to put you off just think people see 4paws as a supper grippy monster starlet. and theres alot more to it. parts arnt all the same as the other starlets either and are bastard expensive from toyota :(

What parts you on about shorty? Not that much Is different. I got all the bushes for the rear arb a while back and they were cheap as chips. I think Toyota parts are very reasonable, some odd stuff is silly but most I find is ok.

• 2 weeks later...