Alright people how are you all? Firstly probably in wrong section, my apologies.

so have got my 1st track session booked, its at brand hatch next week and is on the indy circuit.

Its just a taster session (25min), seeing as i just passed mot, with no advisories im guessing the cars pretty healthy? Im going to do a full oil change as this is needed.

Anything else i should check?

Its my first ever trackday and i remember reading about tyre pressures i have got 195/50/15 on the back and 195/45/15 on front. any recommendations for tyre pressures? also bc coilovers what do you reckon set all the way up to hard?

im not gonna go to mental as i dont wanna reck the car but i do want to enjoy myself, gonna try and record some of it on my i phone as i have a phone cradle/holder.

any bits and pieces im missing any recommendations and advice?

im quite excited but bit nervous at the same time lol

You'll love it mate, just take your time on the first few laps and then give it the beans on the rest :D

Fresh oil should see little drop once you've finished but I'd take some spare just encase and a rag to check it! Tyre pressures, I'm not sure but theres a thread on here somewhere about it!

Just have fun and enjoy :D ( Try not to boast and spin out on the first lap like me once :blush::lol: )

You'll love it mate, just take your time on the first few laps and then give it the beans on the rest :D

Fresh oil should see little drop once you've finished but I'd take some spare just encase and a rag to check it! Tyre pressures, I'm not sure but theres a thread on here somewhere about it!

Just have fun and enjoy :D ( Try not to boast and spin out on the first lap like me once :blush::lol: )

lol ok mate cheers will do, my best mates going as well and hes taking his honda ctr, we used to go; karting and the competitiveness between was alot.Now we are going against it like true rivals him in the ctr and me in glanza is gonna get messy lol .

Be careful but enjoy, you'll love it :)

Tyre pressures should be dropped because the pressure will increase when they're warm, I'm going to try 30psi maybe a bit less all round on mine at Japfest (didn't measure it last time I just let air out :lol:)

Be careful but enjoy, you'll love it :)

Tyre pressures should be dropped because the pressure will increase when they're warm, I'm going to try 30psi maybe a bit less all round on mine at Japfest (didn't measure it last time I just let air out :lol:)

cheers amjad :thumbsup:

make sure all the clutter and crap in the car is removed as it flys around in the car, and make sure phone cradle is very strong and secure.

keep an eye out on your oil and water temp, have you got any gauges?

Edited by Raffa_MK

I'd check your brake system ( pads, discs, lines, master cylinder etc ) and do a complete brake fluid change before you hit the track. Just to make sure there is no shitty old fluid or air through the system.

Before I go on track (every session)

Check you oil level

Check your coolant level

check your brake pads

Do a quick check in the engine bay to ensure everything is secure, i.e plug leads and everything else

Check all your tyres tread and set your tyre pressures lower, air expands when it gets hot so your tyre pressures will increase loads, i set mine to about 25psi before i go on

Just drive around the track and learn it for the first few laps then gradually build up your speed, it will also give your car a chance to warm up the car and tyres properly.

Best advice i can give is drive smoothly on the steering in and out of the corners, do all your braking in a straight line before the corner then lift off the brake and then turn in for the apex, dont use the brakes while turning at the same time, it will upset the car and you may find your self spinning, sliding or worse lol, same goes for while your negotiating the corner with the throttle, try to be progressive with the throttle, dont blip it on and off, again doing this corning fast will step the back end of the car out and you may find brown in your pants ha ha.

If anything does go wrong, remember its fwd so if your pointing the wrong direction, apply throttle and drive into the direction you want to be in. The power going to the front wheels will help pull you out of a slide and in general will get the car gripping again.

But your not gonna be going mental so the above is only worst case scenarios, but in any case its loads of fun, you will love it!!

Oh and check your mirrors loads so your aware of whats comming up behind you and look as far ahead as you can on the track, you need to be more aware of whats going on in case there is an accident etc.

Hope that helps

make sure all the clutter and crap in the car is removed as it flys around in the car, and make sure phone cradle is very strong and secure.

keep an eye out on your oil and water temp, have you got any gauges?

good advice lol cheers my car has got so much stuff in i wouldn have thought about inc steering lock and glove box full of crap thanks for the heads up

@taggy thanks mate great advice im a little confused about tyre pressures as im only doing a 25min session do you still recommend i lower my tyre pressures?

@danielg i think my brakes are ok as its just been mot'd but ill get my mechanic to check its all sweet

As its your first time going around your not gonna be going mad, so there is no point. Its only if you get serious about it and start really hammering your car, normal tyre pressures will be fine. :)

i guess i should have pointed out in bold :) NEVER brake while your turning into a corner, unless somthing is in your way of course, this is the number one reason people end up in the gravel as it really upsets the car in the corners. Make sure you scrub off all your speed before you turn in.

I'd still bleed and replace the brake fluid though, after all you use your brakes on the road aswell.

okay matey thanks

i guess i should have pointed out in bold :) NEVER brake while your turning into a corner, unless somthing is in your way of course, this is the number one reason people end up in the gravel as it really upsets the car in the corners. Make sure you scrub off all your speed before you turn in.

ok lol ill try not to do something silly like that.

just gonna take it easy and do what i can to make my mates ctr eat my dust ! lol

I would reduce the tyre pressures a little, even drop them 3psi each will help, will stop the car from sliding about so much as the lower pressure will ensure that there is more contact patch on the road surface :)