What sort of A/M turbos are you guys using? What size, power rating etc...

I'm thinking of the next stage of power mods at the moment and would really like to ditch the stock turbo and manifold (as it's shite).

What sort of prices have people paid for say a Toyota CT20b from a 193+ MR2 Turbo...and what about a fabricated manifold?

:)

I like the look of these hybrids going about on TGTT (although there's one with bust oil seals already!) Plus you won't need to get a custom manifold made up for an odd turbo flange.

My mate mapped a TD04 powered GT and he said it made him smile ear to ear, pulled from 2500 to the redline. He was impressed and he's running a 468BHP GT3540 GT4!

TD04 kits or a hybrid is prob the way forward, the are endless variations of the TD04 turbine itself you could use, and obviously the same with hybrids, i'm not sure which would suit you best but it depends what you're after. td04's can be replaced for pennies, but the kits themselves will be more expensive to begin with.

Guest Enzo

what sort of power are you afteris the first question you need to ask yourself

ive been doing abit of research recently on what turbo im going to get once the funds are there,

doin alot of indepth reading and ive come to a conclusion of a garrett gt2056

after looking at different compressor maps

it will fit a t2 flange and is capable of suporting up to 260 bhp with zero lag due to the size of the exhuast housing

alot of good information is here

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...bochargers.html

if your after a straight fix you cant go wrong with a tdo4 but ive heard they can be laggy but might be exactly what your after

yeah k24 prob, k26's are a tad large for normal applications.

TD04's arent laggy if setup correctly, plus there's about a million different variations of them. A friend of mine has a small TD04 kit which uses an adaptor plate (ct9 manifold), the turbo itself is a VERY small model, prob peaks at about 180-190bhp, similar size to a ct9, but will obviously offer more grunt throughout the rev range.

compared to that, tom had a hybrid TD04 on his which pumped out over 270bhp on 'conservative' boost, that was a beast.

lag is pretty minimal too, if you watch a few videos of people with them you'll see what i mean, but as there are so many variations, if you select precisely which one you wanted you'd easily be able to get the perfect one to suit your needs.