Help with Starlet SR brake conversion

I am looking to do a brake conversion on my SR to the FTE brake setup.

I have been told the later N/A's have the same caliper as the FTE's. Is this the case?

And all that is required is the brake caliper carrier and FTE brake discs?

Do I need to change anything else, brake disc shield, hubs or brake lines etc etc?

The N/A brakes are honestly some of the worst brakes in any car I've driven lol.

Would FTE brakes make much of a difference as I always thought my poor braking was down to the calipers and changing to FTE is essentially just changing the size of the brake discs while using the same calipers?

Also, are different pads required for the FTE discs?

I had greenstuff pads on 3g discs and flushed all the old fluid out on my n/a setup and they were really good, upgraded to fte setup with yellow stuff on ebc discs and dot 5 fluid and wouldnt say they werr an awful.lot bettet tbh. Id deffinately save for a celica or levin setup if id had known how little difference there was.

P.s sorry for the spelling on my phone and have fat fingers :p

the discs arent that much bigger bit its a welcome change and defo an improvement if you go for some better pads , grooved discs , master cyclinder stopper and braided brake lines. will be alot better.

Had a look at doing this on my new n/a and a few things i noticed first off is the brake sheild had to come off as its designed for the smaller disc. ( usually have to get pliers and rip it off since the stupid torque bolts just round ) and that once you have the bigger caliper carrier fitted 13" wheels dont fit on.

Go for it.

Russell