what do you think will be faster??

right long standing argument that will be settled this year between me and my best mate!

his dad has a lotus elan race car, fibreglass body, 1.6 n/a 160ish hp engine,very good suspension setup rollcage.. it participates in a period race series and so can only use parts that were available from that era etc.

now i have (will have when its finished very soon) a fully forged ep91 (that was originally a starlet s) running a greddy td05, lsd, all whiteline bits coilovers, wilwoods etc..

my friends dad has said when my cars ready my friend can borrow his lotus and do some track days this year.

my question is who do you think will be faster round a track??

because i neeeeeed to wipe the smug look off my friends face who constantly takes the piss of my starlet and has never been in one!!

what you guys think as i been passenger round the paddock in this thing and it is quick, but its been so long since i been in a starlet im not sure. also the lotus does handle very well..

sam

probs start at brands because its closest to us. and im looking to be running realistically 260-80ish depends on what it makes when mapping. as im still unsure what this turbo is capable of yet

hopefully we will do a few tracks this year tho, we shall see. if he beats me i will never live it down! lol

lol very fair point. well we both like to think we are pretty good drivers but i guess anyone can say that matter of opinion etc. we go kart quite regularly and are pretty equal and just as competitive. but karting is obviously completely different.

im not gonna lie i am a beginner with track days but so is he. i guess we will just have to see. i just wana know if his handling will outweigh my power. i need to get power to weight ratios for both. would be quite interesting to see. i dont think my starlet will handle badly tho..