Job hunting

Okay so ive been looking at changing jobs, im a level 3 Peugeot service technician but ive worked there for 6 years now since work experience at 15. Recently its just been a joke where i don't get appreciated by the bosses what so ever (family run franchise). So with that im thinking of changing jobs completely, im bored of servicing 24/7 but id like to work on tuned cars or just be a general technician.

Can anybody give me some ideas where i could look for some on websites? i.e airbus, longlife, rolls royce, Bt etc

I live in SK23 stockport area

Edited by Louis

Don't quit before you get a new job for 100% deffinate... I've been jobless since December and I've had to resort to doing full time car bodywork in my nan's garage just to pay for basic shit :/ Not a good place to be

Don't quit before you get a new job for 100% deffinate... I've been jobless since December and I've had to resort to doing full time car bodywork in my nan's garage just to pay for basic shit :/ Not a good place to be

This!

Oh i know, i have felt like it to prove a point but id be fucking myself over.

Sorry to hear about that dude, will let you know when theres a job going at a poor paying, unorganised place! :p

Everyone dreams of working in a "tuning garage"...they dont employ unless you have a certain skill they lack or have built a name in the car scene for doing things like mapping etc thus you can bring them custom...everyone can service and do basic jobs now its not a skill i would want to pay for...

my advice would be to apply to every single job you think you can do, spare no cv's...thats the only way i got my current and last job...its never enough apply apply apply

Get your cv up to scratch and go crazy

as asad said, everyone wants to be in a tuning garage or ''racers edge'' but if you only do basic stuff like changing filters etc then you have no reputation.

i have worked on many peoples cars around where i live. everything from lowering cars to headgaskets etc on skylines. i even work on my friends v8 200sx. but if i was to go to a tuning company they wouldnt know me for shit.

you need qualifications and need to offer something that no one else can. experience is key.

Theres no harm in trying for a tuning garage though. I found that nowadays simply handing out cvs isnt good enough. I had to apply online, do tests, multiple interviews etc. Worth it in the end though. Good luck man.

Everyone dreams of working in a "tuning garage"...they dont employ unless you have a certain skill they lack or have built a name in the car scene for doing things like mapping etc thus you can bring them custom...everyone can service and do basic jobs now its not a skill i would want to pay for...

my advice would be to apply to every single job you think you can do, spare no cv's...thats the only way i got my current and last job...its never enough apply apply apply

Get your cv up to scratch and go crazy

I completely agree with that, i could happily service tuned and normal cars but the knowledge of what cams to put in, better compression and stuff like that is beyond me!

I did think of going to a tuning garage as an apprentice now just for the skill but they would obviously put me on £2 an hour wage