jhandy's white ep82 build

right well i should have started this hen i got the car about a month or so ago, but oh well, when i bought this car, i fell in love from the start, when i drove it home it just felt so right, but enough of that, 2 weeks later i lost compression on number 4 cylinder, which turned out to be worse then what it was, so i stripped it down and found out that i had 2 ringlands broke on number 4 piston and a slight crack down number 3, so i got straight on the forum and got some pistons from ryan lang which was with me the following week made me smile and on the same day i got all my parts direct from toyota which where cheaper then anywhere else lol the weekend beofre i got the engine preped ready for the rebuild, gave it all a clean, changed the valve stem sills re-seated all the valves, which was a must because the exhaust side was and 2 thou out of tolerance. so monday daytime i cleaned the pistons and installed the rings then put the pistons in with all new bearing a torqued them down, once done that soaked the bores top and bottom in oil so the pistons move freely which they did, then i installed the head torqued that down, but afer that i was tired so i decided to cool it a night, then the next day didnt do anything, but weds was the day i started it. it turned over then instantly it started ran better then it did before, i was happy, but i had a leak from the oil return where it had been boged on with tape before but no biggy i was going to pod on thurs next day so the car stayed in the garage, until monday, at pod i bought some HIDS, and was on the forum bought a oil return and a set of rocker box nuts and washers off of dean at rw developments, unfortunatly i wont have any pics until later on once the car has been finsihed properly but you will get to see the car with its freshly painted midnight metallic purple wheels and grille,

429815_10151412963595083_646810082_23204459_1701102940_n.jpg431573_10151412967790083_646810082_23204476_429284284_n.jpg431573_10151412967830083_646810082_23204477_1976486763_n.jpg

431573_10151412967875083_646810082_23204479_937123958_n.jpg

also forgot to mention picked this glow panel up off ebay for £21 quid bargian and it worked as well

will get some more pics up tomorrow and more as i go along with the car please comment and leave your feedback

cheers jake

she is running like a beaut now, got my oil return pipe in the post yesterday and my throttle body pulley today, and will hopefully receive my hids tomorrow, also picked up some corbeau buckets, which im gonna attempt to fit friday then will take some pics and post up

well a couple of updates been busy over the last week so didnt get much time, over the weekend i started to underseal the whole car that takes ages and makes your hand kill like a bitch with a brush

here is what it looked like before

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

then after

IMAG0010.jpg

got a couple of things for the engine to had the cambelt casing sprayed blue also fitted my throttle body pulley :) had the manifold sprayed black to

IMAG0007.jpg

i thought there was to much white on the car so i had the wheels sprayed a midnight blue with metallic purple shiney

IMAG0006.jpg

and the last thing i managed to get done was my seat still need to fit the passanger one but it takes so long measuring and keep taking and putting the seat in, but its comfy

IMAG0005-1.jpg

Edited by Jhandy
  • 2 months later...