After the sucess of the TRS GB I have been asked by GreyRacer on Track-Ninjas.net to arrange a GB on the impressive sounding CG-Lock. I have not used one yet but will be getting one for sure instead of a harness.

Having looked into them, doing my research and finding some independant reviews, the theory behind these is quite convincing.

The CG-Lock is basically a way of locking the lap portion of your seatbelt in place at a desired tightness, keeping your lower back to the seat much like a harness, but allowing your top half to move as a normal seatbelt allowing you to reach things around the car.

Also Ben Collins (the old traitor stig tongue.png) has come out saying he used these on topgear to drive the cars round the track as obviously he cannot fit a harness to them:

"The CG lock is a great little device which turns a normal seat belt into a racing harness, simply by tightening the lap belt and holding your body in position. We use it for driving on track, for filming and for precision stunt driving sequences but there are numerous advantages to using it day-to-day.

Driving on the race track, the first crucial step is establishing a good seating position and with a conventional seatbelt you just keep falling out of it, unless you install a full harness or fit a CG-Lock. Sliding forwards or laterally in the seat when driving isn’t just frustrating, it’s also dangerous. In the event of the a sudden avoidance reaction, hard braking or a collision, the lack of movement from use of the CG-Lock can make all the difference in avoiding injury. The CG-Lock connects the driver to the car and holds you in the seat allowing heightened feedback from the tyres so that the driver can make the subtle inputs into the steering wheel, accelertator and brake that make the difference between posting an average lap time and a fast lap time."

Here is all the details and the theory behind them:

cglock.jpg

http://www.cg-lock.c...w-does-it-work/

Now for the costs. The normal price of a CG-Lock is £49.99, I am going to be able to get these for £38.50 Delivered, or £37.50 collected from either here or the Blyton Trackday, but for this price I need 10 peeps and I want this to move quickly so that I can get them for Blyton

1. Hou

2. GreyRacer

Can this also be delivered to The Netherlands? How much would the shipping be if it's possible to send it? i'm tempted! So if i'm correct, it's something you put on your seatbelt?

Thanx!

Edited by Evjatar

Can this also be delivered to The Netherlands? How much would the shipping be if it's possible to send it? i'm tempted! So if i'm correct, it's something you put on your seatbelt?

Thanx!

I will look into it and let you know. Yes it is something you attach to your belt to keep the lap part tight :)

1. Hou

2. GreyRacer (CCUK)

3. 5T4R7ET N/A (UKSC)

4. Sh3p (CCUK)

5. Gstraw (CCUK)

6. Serratia (CCUK)

7. rpsmith79 (CCUK)

Only 3 more needed now, 2 if the EU delivery is cheap

1. Hou

2. GreyRacer (CCUK)

3. 5T4R7ET N/A (UKSC)

4. Sh3p (CCUK)

5. Gstraw (CCUK)

6. Serratia (CCUK)

7. rpsmith79 (CCUK)

8. Asad (UKSC)

by the way i pm`d you regarding some wheel cleaner being out of stock...any news?

1. Hou

2. GreyRacer (CCUK)

3. 5T4R7ET N/A (UKSC)

4. Sh3p (CCUK)

5. Gstraw (CCUK)

6. Serratia (CCUK)

7. rpsmith79 (CCUK)

8. Asad (UKSC)

9. kny (CCUK)

10. Smiley (CL)

11. TheSam (CL)

I had another chat with the guy at CG-Locks and managed to get the price down to £34.99 delivered direct to you guys :)

Once the discount code goes live I will PM details

1. Hou - Paid

2. GreyRacer (CCUK) - Paid

3. 5T4R7ET N/A (UKSC) - Paid

4. Sh3p (CCUK) - Paid

5. Gstraw (CCUK)

6. Serratia (CCUK)

7. rpsmith79 (CCUK) - Paid

8. Asad (UKSC)

9. kny (CCUK)

10. Smiley (CL)

11. TheSam (CL)

According to the guy there we have had 13 paid up so far :)

He has also agreed to let this run until the first week in may for those who cannot afford one until payday, so the discount code will be live until then

got it in the post, tried to fit it but it keeps sliding off the belt clip....no matter how much i tighten it, it just slips off the belt clip as im driving along...annoyed tbh

anyone else tried there luck?

Very strange, he is usually fast to reply, I will drop him a line

A guy on CCUK just posted this:

"Got mine yesterday and fitted this morning. Been out for a very thorough test.

Easy to fit but I think the clasp jaws could be better engineered.

Anyway it does what it says in the speel. In fact I wish I had one off these years ago.

It stops me figitting in the seat and always having to re-arrange myself during high speed cornering and heavy breaking. My hips and arse are kept well into the seat and I feel more a part of the seat and car as movement it completely eliminated. I'm also sitting better. Best £34 spent for a while."

got it in the post, tried to fit it but it keeps sliding off the belt clip....no matter how much i tighten it, it just slips off the belt clip as im driving along...annoyed tbh

anyone else tried there luck?

Forgot to ask, are you using the shorter screws due to the difference id thickness of the clip?