Civic rad over oem Rads ep91

If you look at the size of a civic rad compared to the standard rad its alot smaller which means its catching a smaller area of air to cool down the coolant so a standard rad would allow more cooling, having said that the standard rad is made out of copper and steel where as the civic alloy rads are made out of alloy obviously lol.

Alloy disperses heat more efficently than copper and steel but then again the standard rad is still a bigger rad.

Would be good to see test results on this!

Made no difference at all on my temp gauge when I fitted a civic rad, people switch to civic rad for the extra clearance when running bigger turbo kits.

I also fitted my standard rad back as I didn't like the bodged fitment of the Civic rad.

Im going to be using a full size alloy rad mate, Mike said that the half size ones wouldnt cool it enough and the full size one fits on even though im using a bigger turbo kit

I'm going for a civic style rad and from what I've been told although the standard rad at the moment is bigger the ally civic rad has 30% more cooling efficiency over stock cuz of the material they are made from , I know TD do two types of civic rads one dual core and one triple core I believe have a butchers there they might be able to give better percentages and pros and cons etc

P3249256.jpg

rad-1.jpg

Best of both worlds :)

John

Bet tht wasnt cheap!

Thanks for the comments everyone, its not that i need to change or anything but just wanted to knw peoples opinions!!

Mike.

got a full size alloy rad for sale ;)

You got any piks dude??

Bet tht wasnt cheap!

Thanks for the comments everyone, its not that i need to change or anything but just wanted to knw peoples opinions!!

Mike.

You got any piks dude??

Ebay £56 :) Brand New