Manifold/Decat Turbo recomendations

I am ditching my current toyosports manifold/decat TD04 turbo and going bigger for the forged 5e I am in the middle of doing. I cant afford to spend crazy money on something like a racetech as i have spent over £2000 on the engine build so far but want some options on what's best.

What are my options?

A few questions

Should i go external or inteternal wastegate?

I want a screamer pipe on it

Should i go TD05/VF30 or bigger? I want to make about 350hp

I don't want spool up any later than 4500rpm as i need it for track use.

I was looking to spend about around the £450ish mark on the system and probably about £200-£300 on the turbo.

Let me know what you think is good.

Go external wastegate, much better and precise control over the boost. Don't think a TD05 will flow 350bhp, will get close to it though if your not that worried about chasing figures.

How do you mean it will out of puff quicker on a 5e? its got a bigger displacement so it should be able to spool the turbo earlier.

Will run out of puff quicker on a 5e. 1.7 bar is probably pushing it on the td05's efficiency range.

Yes it will spool it earlier, but top end performance will be restricted due to the engines increased displacement. If that wasn't the case we would have v8's running ct9's :lol:

TD05 on a 5e will spool very well and at 1.5 bar will still be producing very good figures. Torque is the much more important factor rather then bhp.

No offense taggy

But the money uve quoted as a budget and the power u want is gonna be hard. U can skimp on a turbo system but the chances are you will encounter.

Cracking welds

Laggy shit spool

Poor fitment

Buy cheap but twice mate.

Chances r if u can find a racetech disco or Wepr kit 2nd hand u cud sell it later for the same money.

A lot of people poo when they see how much a racetech kit costs but chances are Ud get a lot of it back if and when you sell.

More of an investment then blowing money away.

You went 5e for torque and response. Do t mate it to a turbo kit that will giv u ahit spool and no torque :)

Hope this helps.

No offense taggy

But the money uve quoted as a budget and the power u want is gonna be hard. U can skimp on a turbo system but the chances are you will encounter.

Cracking welds

Laggy shit spool

Poor fitment

Buy cheap but twice mate.

Chances r if u can find a racetech disco or Wepr kit 2nd hand u cud sell it later for the same money.

A lot of people poo when they see how much a racetech kit costs but chances are Ud get a lot of it back if and when you sell.

More of an investment then blowing money away.

You went 5e for torque and response. Do t mate it to a turbo kit that will giv u ahit spool and no torque :)

Hope this helps.

^^^^ x2

hmm he seems to be getting all my wages lately lol

Ive just got a wepr evolution mani e/g off Iddy so he can do them no problem buddy but like Socks said your budget mite just buy the mani :wacko:

i havent got a clue on the prices on the systems, so i just stuck in what i thought it might be lol :)

Ive just got a wepr evolution mani e/g off Iddy so he can do them no problem buddy but like Socks said your budget mite just buy the mani :wacko:

Edited by Taggy

Our "bigger turbo kits" will spool as good/better than a TD04 and make more power than a TD05. I'd strongly recommend to save and buy something decent.

Remember things like the manifold and downpipe design will play a part in spool and max power. I don't think any manifold on the market other than ours even has a "true" merge collector.

• 2 weeks later...

WEPR all tge way tbh. been in the starlet scene for donkeys, proven and tested and no where near as expensive as other kits. come with lifetime garentee too. what more could you want dude. also td05's have sevral models in the range. is realy starting to bug me with how many people on this forum say they flow 300 at a push. have you seen the bigger td05's they are fuckin huge!! Just get a gt series mani kit from wepr then you have loads of scope for turbos dude. as for price/quality wepr are very much affordable and quality is second to NONE!!!!

Cant be arsed to correct all the mistakes. im on the phone lol fat thumbs small keys lol

Edited by shorty