4efte engine conversion how to

• 2 weeks later...

what is it exactly you guys want to know?

to put it bluntly you need to have got all the basic parts then its a matter of swapping things over....imo time frame 2 days solid work IF you have everything before you start....the looms are in order etc

bit of effort and you can do it in 2 days like asad said.

Old engine out along with engine loom and dash loom.

New engine in with dash look and engine loom. also need to change the dials

Sorted :) Dont forget the plasters for all the times you will catch your fingers on bits of the dash

Russell

haha thanks, was just wondering on info on any problems that will be run into and how to overcome them, and best engine to use, ie ep82 or ep91. and whether to use na gearbox or not etc. im hoping to only have my car off the road for a week at most, so glad to know its dooable in that time. engine,loom,all ancillaries, engine loom,ecu,dash loom clocks and indicator stalks. and gearbox with driveshafts, thats everything isn't it?

both engines are the same, just certain sensors vary so get the loom + engine to match ep91-ep91 and ep82-ep82

N/A gearbox can be used theres doubts on its strength and ratios but youll be fine to run it as with driveshafts

yeah thats all you need from the glanza...ignitor/coilpack/sensors etc to......rip the N/A engine out with the box...clean up....put the looms in...match the box + new engine (do all the service/inspection you need to do)....bang it in

• 2 months later...

im in the same boat guys i have 2 weekd off next week and have a complete ( what i have been told is a glanza v engine and engine loom)

and i have a full dash loom ( been told its a V loom too ) and a V ecu

i have had a quick look and there is only one plug from the engine loom what fits into the dash loom , and there is also a blue plug on the engine loom but cannit source a plug on the dash loom to fit it the other blue plug on the dash loom is different ???? i donno how to tell if these are deffo glanza looms anybody help ??? i also have the clocks, but do i also need the indicator switches ? i just seem to be ignored when i ask about this conversion to people and im getting nowere before i start it

what are my options with the loom issue best to cut and join to my existing solida loom ? or use the looms i have ?

The easiest way is to buy a damaged v and swap it all over. Otherwise you will encounter problems. Once I've finished mine I will try and write a comprehensive guide/list of what's needed and problems you will encounter.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...