Big brake kit users.

Hey guys just a quick one for anyone using a big brake kit. Wms/Wilwood/Ksport etcc. Just wondering what pads you run and what you think to them.

Im running Yellowstuffs at the minute and they squeek really badly, so looking for a replacement.

Thanks

Liam

Good point, EBC normally supply stick-on rubber backing things - sometimes they are loose in the box (Yellows tend to be like that) and sometimes they are pre-stuck (Reds most often are like that)...but it does vary!

WMS are awesome mate, cannot fault the kit at all, its just a squeeking which is beleived to be the pads. Shims and rubber backings where applied.

Cheers Joz hearing good things about the Ferodo tbh.

Im using yellowstuffs in my hispecs. I havnt used the shims/ anti squeal pads and they arnt that noisey. Only squeal now and againg but i like it lol. Have you put and copper grease on them?

Duno if you aimed that at me but ill answer it haha :p.

Probably done about 200 miles and every stop has being a hard one as there used on my track car.

Sometimes they can squeal when burning the bedding in compound off or if your discs have got dirty. Such as oil or grease.

Reds are a harder compund than yellow arnt they?

Take it you mean DS2500 Joz? If so yes, they're meant to be shit hot, not tried tem personally but will be when I finally get another wilwood setup. :)

:blush: Yes I meant the DS2500's Wallace. I run them on my WMS as they were the top option at the time of buying. Very happy with them, seem a perfect match.

Joz

EBC Red = fast road/200bhp cars (according to EBC!)

EBC Yellow and Ferodo DS2500 are road legal trackday pads...more or less

EBC Blue and Ferodo DS3000 are track ONLY pads.

:D

There's a world of pads out there to try in WMS calipers - I know someone running £150.00+vat Carbotechs in a WMS kit on a Starlet, they have a stonking reputation, up there with Pagid (but cheaper than Pagid!!!).