Twinpots for 14" wheels.....confused!!!

Ive spent the best part of a couple of hours looking for what to use as i want to try and retain the 14" griffin alloys i have at all costs

so far ive come up with:

ST165/early ST185 twin pots + carriers

ST165 celica disc re-drilled to 4 stud fitment 255/25mm

3mm spacers

i read that the jdm st165 came with 14" wheels originally...so would the carriers on the ST165 and early ST185 be different?

is this all i need? i keep coming across stuff astra discs/bmw discs/extended nuts/spacers/rings to center the discs etc etc

the best guide i could find was this with 15" wheels

/>http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-85384.html

You will need longer studs. The spacer fits between the disc and the hub, and you'd be lucky to get 3 turns of the wheel nut without longer studs.

I'm not sure which set up fits behind 14s though.

think ive found the answer

/>http://www.alltrac.net/specs/st165USAspecs.html

it says the 14" alloys used were 6j mine are 5.5j.....would this make a difference?

these studs be ok?

/>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Wheel-Stud-51mm-Long-/370478734765?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item564240ddad

I tried 14s on my old SR (some JDM wheels) and they didn't fit with Levin twin pots. There wasn't enough room for the clipper to squeeze in. Spacers wouldn't have helped either.

Shaved off a WMS caliper (harsh!!!)....depends where from and how it's done.

Shaved off someone elses caliper (Toyota I assume) - I can't comment! Removing any raised cast-in lettering is probably ok in 99% of cases but other than that...

it would most likely be on the outside of the caliper no where near any load bearing parts.....

On WMS 4 pot or OEM 2-pots?

The 262.5mm PDF I put up uses the same T20 caliper that all our Starlet kits so far use.

However the WMS 2-pot (T10) one I mentioned for the 254mm proposed WMS kit is an opposed 2-piston, not a 2-piston slider like Toyota use. Our T10 caliper is like this:

IMG_7794-25.jpg

oem twinpots keri, id never shave wms twinpots lol

only reason im looking at other revenues is the wms kit is far too expensive...and the t20 kit you do only costs a tad more....i thought there would more of a price variation when you put your intrest thread up for the t10`s but theres little between them

True - the big advantage of the T10 are the lugs are closer togeither, so there's room to squeeze them onto the OEM disc and into smaller wheels. Sadly half the pistons doesn't mean they cost half as much to make!

ill keep looking....the t10`s are the last resort lol

any one know how different the 5.5J and 6j are? is 5mm or does mean something else?