corolla - starlet power differences

hey im new on here I've done a couple of searches and cant find anything

my friend used to have a i think it was a ae111 or sumthing and it had 89hp

i was wondering what differences are there between the corolla and starlet 4efe engines

obviously the manifold but that cant give 15hp im guessing its the ecu and/or cams

any insight would be greatly appreaciated

You talking about the Glanza S (non-turbo) was meant to have 100 horse's but was tuned for 100 ron fuel, so you'd have to run similar

He is actualy talking about a Ae111 Corolla with 89bhp Wings

hi cheers for the feed back, i js want to make it a bit quicker to keep up with ma m8s civics n stuff there not much quicker but its js a lil frustrating lol i need a new exhaust aswel bt im sort of weighing up sum options. cheers

well i would but i have a 92 corolla gti sitting in my back garden with 60k on the clock so thats my plan for the mean time, neway i bought my car a couple of months ago and it had a rrfpr/fse or woteva it is but it was making a knocking noise so i took it off i was js wondering 1 how do i set it properly and if i reset the ecu and then fit it will the ecu react to it ??? cheers morgey

Basically u want more air and fuel in you engine to make more power so if it was me id use:

4efte manifold with the larger throttle body and some good cold air induction

upgrade the injectors

and get a rrfp so you can get the fueling set up exact and make the most power outta your mods safely

if your gonna use the 4efte inlet manifold, u need 2 block up some holes and the throttle body has different plug on it best 2 ask weejohn on how 2 modify it to suit or if you could even get it to work.

when u get more air in you need more fuel 2 balance it out and the best way 2 get it set up exactly is to get the air fuel ratio checked and if needed, adjusted by a good tuner.

also more in more has to go out so a better exhaust system wouldnt go a miss.