Clutch changed and now got misfire on SR

Hello everyone, just changed my bro's clutch on his 125k SR with one of my mates, all went on fine and did it in a few hours.

The car has now got a misfire for some reason, which we initially thought was the alarm/immboliser playing up as when we reconnected the battery it started going mad (my bro has never used the alarm since buying the car, always left it unarmed and the fob in the glovebox). Now sorted the alarm and disarmed it, the car is still misfiring. I havent checked anything yet, but the car was serviced last january by myself and has done about 20k since, and had an oil change about 8months ago/ 6k ago. The car ran perfect before the clutch change all except for the noisy release bearing.

It just seems to bog down loads in 2nd/3rd more noticeably. It starts fine and seems to rev fineish at stationary, but once moving its really lethargic

What should I be checking/looking out for? Any suggestions welcome

Plugs and leads all okay just checked that.

All sensors as far as I can see are plugged in correctly, oil level is fine, coolant levels are fine.

Its idling right now perfectly, and isnt getting hot, and isnt spluttering if I rev it up now. Take it for a drive, then it bogs down a bit then when you pull up and are stationary again it wont rev properly :/

Starting to wonder if the lambda sensor has died? Any easy way of checking?

Unplugged Lambda took it for a spin... Drove the same if not worse

Also topped up gearbox oil as it was a little low when we did the clutch... Still no difference (not that I was expecting any lol)

ICV want cleaning?

have you reconnected the earth cable onto the front gearbox mount? check you havent knocked any of the leads. also check the timing, because if you have wiggled the engine using the distributor to hold onto you may have moved it

im sure the crank position sensor is on the front of the engine, its the little grey plug at the front of the engine next to the gearbox make sure its plugged in tidy.

also just check the plugs and see if the leads and airflow sensors are all plugged in

could be time to change the leads and plugs if they havent been done before

crank position sensor....seriously? :lol:

the only sensors on a starlet below the head are the knock (on the back) and oil pressure switch (on the front)....