Hi all,

I've just td04'd my ep91 over the weekend, finished up today and fired her up and it's really smokey? It's 100% oil smoke, but it's ALOT of smoke. I have a resonator in the middle of the pipe work (blitz nur system). Could there be oil sitting in the resonator that is burning off real slowly as oil does. Fingers crossed you guys agree with me and there is oil in the pipe and soaked in to the baffles.

Spoke to gtphayer earlier and he said that will be the case. And it would be worth taking the exhaust off and draining it out, shall i do so?

Rob.

Ive just looked on youtube at a video with similar smoke issues and the guy said.

'I installed an oil catch can, the PCV valve was stuck shut, causing the crank case pressure to push the oil back up the turbo oil return. The oil would squeeze through the turbo journal bearings and leak into the turbine houseing. Once I fixed the PCV valve, the smoke stopped'

I also have recently installed ny oil catch can!! Any suggestions?

Just check the pcv valve then mate, should let air through only 1 way. You said it yourself in your post, could be the pcv valve. Be carefull though when taking it out, the rubber washer tends to perish and break, so look closely if the bottom end hasn't dropped in the engine after removing.

when installing the catch can did you remove the PCV valve? because you have to remove it when going for catch can setup.

Nope pcv valve is still on there matey! I didn't know that, shit. What do i replace it with?

Just check the pcv valve then mate, should let air through only 1 way. You said it yourself in your post, could be the pcv valve. Be carefull though when taking it out, the rubber washer tends to perish and break, so look closely if the bottom end hasn't dropped in the engine after removing.

Ok fella thanks for the heads up!

This is my set up;

IMAG0780.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ok matey will do! Thank you.

Did the smoking stop? I am asking as I have on the Toytuning hybrid and I do see smoke when I leave the car to idle. Once I'm driving I see no smoke.

As I also have the oil catch can, I want to know if taking it out of your setup solved your problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it realy ok to put a breather filter incl the pcv... or is the dual hose without the pcv better? Less oil gasses mixed with the fuel = more hp. or better said less los.

@ Gibby

Is it realy blu oil smoke... my ct9 smoked white with the wrong fpr settings on idle. on boost it was ok.

you can get away with putting a filter on the breather on the left hand side of engien bay,

but if you want to install catch can for were PCV valve goes then you need to remove the PCV valve as it relies on manifold pressure to work properly.

I took the PCV valve out and left the o-ring inside, then put the catch can pipe into the o-ring that fits nice and tight, (bit of a bodge but it works)

Best way to run a catch can on the standard setup is bypass the PCV. I see a lot of people doing it like this, and as said above the PCV relies on a vacuum (Ie intake) To work, The only way you can run one and make it work is have a sealed 2 port catchcan, One pipe coming off into the catch can from the PCV valve, And the outlet going back to the standard port on the intake. This completes the vacuum, and the PCV works properly, Catch can catches shit. :thumbsup:

Route it like that and you should have no problems