Best polishes for a DA polisher?

I'm looking to buy a cheap DA Sander to use as a polisher, I know they aren't as good as the Kestrel or Meguiar's items that are dedicated specifically for polishing but they are good for light to medium levels of paint correction.

So I just wanted to ask what range of polishes people would recommend, as Auto Glym SRP is more of a filler based polish than one the corrects the paint. I'm looking at:

Meguiar's #80 and #83

meguiars80.jpgmeguiars83.jpg

Poorboy's SSR1, SSR2, SSR2.5

PBSSR1.jpgPB-SR216.jpgssr2_2.jpg

Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA, Final Finish PO85RD

31XbEfFlelL._SL500_AA300_.jpgmenzerna__final_finish_1_.jpg

I've had a look around on detailing world but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience of these polishes specifically with out soft Toyota paint! I'm swaying toward Poorboys as the bottles are huge for the price (500ml for £13) and they can be used in the sun!

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

Only thing is that's air powered!

I'm looking at a Macallister/Performance pro one from B&Q, think they're between £20 and £40ish

There's also a Clarke one for about £55 which still undercuts the cheapest DA polishers that I've seen (Kestrel DAS6 @ £85)

Sadly those things are pants! I bought one a few years back and hand polishing is 10x better :lol:

The ones I'm looking at are like this

http://priceprobe.co.uk/macallister-random-orbital-sander-mos450c-450w.p9272516

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cros2-contractor-150mm-random-orbital-sander

The prices however seem to have inflated quite a bit! :(

I'm thinking to just plump for a Kestrel DAS6 now as they're only £30-40 more than the DA sanders but can achieve full paint correction!

Why not just go rotary like a man? Forget all the horror stories, just take your time and you will be fine! I only have the Silverline one for 40 ish quid and managed this on soft celica paint:

DSCN0905.jpg

That was only using a finishing pad with Dodo Juice Lime Prime

Polish wise, all the above are good!

ive got one of these

/>http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/cat_81.html

deffo recommend...got all my cleaning stuff off him also gives you points for each time you spend

No problem :)

I was gonna go for the sander ones after reading up on Detailing World, they apparently used to sell for £20!

I've not looked about too much for the Kestrel but they start at £85 alone, but a full kit with polishes and pads starts at £120. I'm thinking to just go for a full kit now, I'm sure I'll have the chance to recooperate some money by doing friends/family cars anyway and you know the machine is a quality bit of kit!

EDIT: Hou I'm scared of using a rotary, I want something foolproof haha. Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to look at DAS6 kits and see which polishes they have!

Asad how do you rate the DAS6? Worth it?

Edited by Amjad

If you wanted to spend more I could run a GB on the Dodo Buff Daddies again? I did the last GB at £90 delivered, should be able to match that and would only need 4 peeps :)

What would that GB include?

That is just the polisher dude, same price as the DAS-6 on it's own delivered from CYC but with the Dodo bag which retails over a tenner on it's own

use clean your car, swift delivery too

Or a trader that supports the forum maybe?

got collinite wax the blue tub one, megs wash mitt, IPA + spray bottle, a grit guard and bucket...car lack sealant + pad, the yellow shampoo cant remember the name, a small foam pad + backing plate for detail work....sent me some freebie samples too

not to sound dick-ish mate but your range is extremely small and alot of the items arent in stock...ive yet to hear back from you regarding the very cherry acid wheel cleaner...i pointed him in that direction mearly because i had excellent service from the guy that runs the show....you may be a trader here but it does in no way mean we have to support you..its enzos decision who gets a traders spot not ours...i/amjad/everyone else on here can go and spend money where ever we see fit....be it with you or cyc

oh and some of that blue tape..

Edited by Asad

not to sound dick-ish mate but your range is extremely small and alot of the items arent in stock...ive yet to hear back from you regarding the very cherry acid wheel cleaner...i pointed him in that direction mearly because i had excellent service from the guy that runs the show....you may be a trader here but it does in no way mean we have to support you..its enzos decision who gets a traders spot not ours...i/amjad/everyone else on here can go and spend money where ever we see fit....be it with you or cyc

Sorry for not putting the :p to say it in jest, and by the way it did sound dick-ish!

The site and range is due to be going through an overhaul and some big changes being made. The very cherry acid is out of stock as we are having supplier issues with Autobrite. We are in talks with Poorboys and Chemical guys plus our own line of products far cheaper than comptitiors.

This is only a hobby for me and takes time to build without the massive budget those companies have. And no, you don't have to support the site traders, that is fine, but without the fees they pay to trade UKSC would either be demanding large membership fees or would have been no more!

That is just the polisher dude, same price as the DAS-6 on it's own delivered from CYC but with the Dodo bag which retails over a tenner on it's own

Cool cool, I'm still browsing around at kits at the moment so I can't say whether I'd be in on the GB, don't want to be buying it separately if a kit with pads & polish works out cheaper!

Since we're on the topic of DAs, do you guys know if you can apply wax eg Collinite 476 (which I have) with a finishing pad to speed up the process?

Edited by Amjad

Cool cool, I'm still browsing around at kits at the moment so I can't say whether I'd be in on the GB, don't want to be buying it separately if a kit with pads & polish works out cheaper!

Since we're on the topic of DAs, do you guys know if you can apply wax eg Collinite 476 (which I have) with a finishing pad to speed up the process?

No problems dude, to be honest will prob work out cheaper if you find a kit with everything you want in it :)

Applying polish with a pad is just lazy though :p

appologies ^

be nice to see what you can bring to the table, look forward to putting a order in when your set up

what i did last time is i put a layer on by hand and buffed using a menz pad (cant remember which) and it came up beautifully....with the one layer beading lasted a good 2-3 months

Edited by Asad

Applying polish with a pad is just lazy though :p

I want to get everything out of it I can if I'm paying that much for a machine haha

what i did last time is i put a layer on by hand and buffed using a menz pad (cant remember which) and it came up beautifully....with the one layer beading lasted a good 2-3 months

Do you been buffed off with a pad or just buffed on and wiped off by hand?