Dodgy business section

It' seems every now and then we cannot escape being conned by sellers or companies that do shite jobs on our cars.

We already have a very good national business directory for good businesses so why not have one where we should be aware of dodgy sellers or companies.

i suspect we may need to be careful with this, its a good idea that i like, however, word of mouth about somewhere bein crap is one thing, but actually publisin it on the net, would that not constitute slander in some form?? would be therfore be open to some form of legal action if it did constitute slander or defemation of character??

perhaps MJ's missus JoJo could shed some light here.

dont mean to be a buzz kill but u know wot todays world is like!

Phil.

Yeah good point. We wouldn't want to get into trouble for it.

I think a rule for the section must be that you have to have proof of the dealings like photos and not just that a mate said they are crap.

Right Phil, spoke to Jo, she says that any published details regarding a company/individual require their permission to be publicly shown.

If not, then they have the right to sue the individual/UKSC as a site

That's one way round it.

Could just name what area/town the dodgy garage is in, to avoid legal action.

And if anyone is from that area and wants to know the name of the garage they could PM whoever posted the thread?

• 4 weeks later...