Fitting FMIC on EP82 1995 and Budget cooler??

Hey guys,

Im looking at getting an FMIC but dont have an awful lot of money, I searched and found a toyosports one to be one of the cheapest, and looks okay. Also I wanna know about fitting. I know with certain brands you can keep the aircon in (not that i use it as drains fuel). I will be removing the a/c at some stage but for the time being it will remain. So, yeah, can I fit the cooler with the a/c?? Any reccomendations/advise will be great thanks.

Josh

I imagine it would be possible, but might need to modify piping. Sounds like a massive pain in the arse to me, life would be a lot easier if you rip the air con out :)

Agree with this if u don't use the air con take it out it will make it a lot easier when fitting the front mount mate

Nice thanks guys, I think im just stuck in that safe procedure routine as i have to do it at work lol. Think il just open up the low pressure valve and let it drain over night :) and going back to my first question is the toyosport's cooler kit any good??

toyo sports is the best one I have used tbh.. quality and fitment are amazing!! perfect core...

I kno its to a ep91 but you get the idea. dont be put of with toyosports as I kno 100% there manis and decats are SHIT but fmic are great

IMG_1014.jpg

It's cheaper to go td04 than it is to maintain a ct9 setup in my opinion. Probably talking £60-£100 for a td04, and the manifolds and downpipes range in price depending on quality etc. sams toyosports kit cost him about £120 i believe. I'm only doing it because my bloody manifold is in need of a bit of tlc. And once that's welded I'll be giving Sam his td04 kit back (maybe :p)

lol fair enough :) I know the turbo itself isnt exactly expensive but the manifold and downpipe as you say is relatively expensive. Also injectors and ECU would surely come into the equation?? Its a common conversion so must be loads of links about :)

Lol, yh i saw some kits after searching yesterday and they were around a grand for the kit, Not including the cooler. Also I just realised that if i was to remove the A/C then the compressor would have to come out too. Which would mean a shorter belt would have to be fitted as it still runs the P.A.S system. Do I get a shorter belt or leave it on?? Id imagine the shorter belt option as leaving the compressor on would kinda defy the point of removal to save weight lol. Thoughts guys?? Thanks :)

It's cheaper to go td04 than it is to maintain a ct9 setup in my opinion. Probably talking £60-£100 for a td04, and the manifolds and downpipes range in price depending on quality etc. sams toyosports kit cost him about £120 i believe. I'm only doing it because my bloody manifold is in need of a bit of tlc. And once that's welded I'll be giving Sam his td04 kit back (maybe :p)

Like your gonna give Sam his kit back lol u will like it and end up keeping it lol

Lol, yh i saw some kits after searching yesterday and they were around a grand for the kit, Not including the cooler. Also I just realised that if i was to remove the A/C then the compressor would have to come out too. Which would mean a shorter belt would have to be fitted as it still runs the P.A.S system. Do I get a shorter belt or leave it on?? Id imagine the shorter belt option as leaving the compressor on would kinda defy the point of removal to save weight lol. Thoughts guys?? Thanks :)

It all depends how much u wanna spend I'm sure I saw a tdo4 mani and down pipe in the for sale section for like £200 mate

Hey guys, have fitted the toyosports cooler but now have stumbled into an issue. The problem is blitz dump valve that was on the original piping from the turbo will not fit the new intercooler piping as it was bolted directly on and the new piping just has a tube. Im guessing i need an adaptor or a new BOV :(