Need help raising coilovers!

Just need two c spanners mate undo the bottom lock nut then wind the spring up using the c spanner on the bottom seat lock if you haven't got any c spanners there's loads on e bay and there cheap inuf :)

Depending on the coilovers that would adjust the preload for instance on the meisters you can undo the very bottom ring then rotate the strut either raising or lowering depending which way you go without moving the spring seat. Keeping the dampening the same.

welcome to hell with D2 coilovers, they are a complete nightmare to adjust once they have been on the car and rusted/covered in gunk. I had to take mine off completly and put them in a vice with a blow torch to heat them up and then whack the collars off. You can get them off just be patient, soak them in parafin over night or some other degreasant.

If you want to raise or lower your car never adjust it by the spring, always do it by the collar at the bottom and wind if up or down on the thread as required. If you adjust the preload on the spring it will just cock your suspension up and ruin your ride :p

There are two collars to undo if i remember right, one on the top and the bottom and then you just rotate the whole purple thing around on the thread, you need loads of WD40 in there!

IMAG0016-1.jpg

Here is mine soaking over night :)

IMAG0011-1.jpg

Good luck!!

Edited by Taggy
  • 2 months later...