Relocating number plate after fitting fmic

Hi guys,

I fitted an fmic not long ago and I want it to have optimum cooling so I need to move the number plate over offset to the left.

Is there any tricks of the trade when u do this?? Or is the companys that sell kits??

Thanks

Hmmmmm yeah I think i prefer the sticky pad idea as i dont really wanna screw through the bumper Alex :(. Can get some from work :)

Also am I right in saying that its not illegal if your front plate is in your windscreen??

Edited by jtaylor1990

Your number plate as with your tax disc MUST be visable from the front of the vehicle! As for rules on displaying thats where it ends. could mount it on the roof if you like as long as its visable from head on. so yes a stcky plate in the widscreen counts as long as the size and fonts/colours comply with british number plate standards.

Velcro does the job, best thing to do is stick some cheap vinyl wrap on the area where your going to fit the number plate, heat it a little to bond properly, then stick Velcro on the vinyl area and number plate. And if you ever come to take it off it's not going o damage paint just heat the vinyl up n peal off :) simples

As the sticky pads are crap n a pain in arse to take of the car

Hmmmmm yeah I think i prefer the sticky pad idea as i dont really wanna screw through the bumper Alex :(. Can get some from work :)

Also am I right in saying that its not illegal if your front plate is in your windscreen??

Mine are screwed to the underside of the top of the widemouth mate, so you'd only ever see them if you turned you car upside down lol

Your number plate as with your tax disc MUST be visable from the front of the vehicle! As for rules on displaying thats where it ends. could mount it on the roof if you like as long as its visable from head on. so yes a stcky plate in the widscreen counts as long as the size and fonts/colours comply with british number plate standards.

I got fined for having mine hanging from the sun visor.

Double sided foam mounting tape works fine - http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/decorating-sundries/painting-and-decorating-tools-accessories/tape/-specificproducttype-double_sided_tape/B-and-Q-Double-Sided-Foam-Mounting-Tape-BQ62-White-W-19mm-x-L-1-5m-9254473

Held mine on for years.

lol Im pretty sure u can put them in your windscreen, I just dont want them pulling me over and sniffing around the car. Think il just screw her on then because sticky pads make the plate liable to be stolen. Then Im gonna cut the bumper mouth bit out and fit a mesh instead

e

lol Im pretty sure u can put them in your windscreen, I just dont want them pulling me over and sniffing around the car. Think il just screw her on then because sticky pads make the plate liable to be stolen. Then Im gonna cut the bumper mouth bit out and fit a mesh instead

Do people still nick number plates pre 2000 registration?