How much can these engines take? 4EFE

Ok so i admit it and im a little worried, my starlet cd is fully standard oem spec at the moment and i admit i have been giving it the treatment trying to keep up with a few cars when i first got it out on the road, i tend to be alot more slow and carefull now but i just wandered how much these engines can take? i was at 5000 rpm in 3rd gear and so forth and to me the car seems to be getting slower? or am i just getting used to the power? i get scared the i will damage the engine, it also seems alot more powerful on choke when its cold than it does warm?

you'll just be getting used to the power bud, they are proper good engines :)

i was hoping to get down to a meet or something so people can have a check over and just clarify that its all good for me :) ive not done any mods so far apart from a k&n panel filter which i have yet to receive through the post, i did a full genuine service the other day however :) i was looking at getting to JAE but i dont know anyone well on the forums and i dont really have anyone to convoy with.

You will just be getting used to the power as long as you service them regularly they are fine I drove mine hard all the time for 5 years and the engine still lives all be it in another car.

mines had 155k in my old SR and everyday i gave it a kickin n tbh the next day after a good hard drive the engine felt smooth as if id cleard the cobwebs out lol

rev happy and didnt want for anythin, theyr bulletproof ;-)

Where about you from bud? defo come to jf2 gonna be wicked ;)

i may do :D should be good :) get to know some people, in chesterfield bud? you?

mines had 155k in my old SR and everyday i gave it a kickin n tbh the next day after a good hard drive the engine felt smooth as if id cleard the cobwebs out lol

rev happy and didnt want for anythin, theyr bulletproof ;-)

Ahh ok bud thanks for that :D my minds at rest now.

You will just be getting used to the power as long as you service them regularly they are fine I drove mine hard all the time for 5 years and the engine still lives all be it in another car.

thanks also bud :) ill be sure to service regularly