Fitting fuel pump question

It all looks pretty straight forward but just wanted to ask someone more knowledgable than me just to be 100% sure.

Its a tuning developments 255lph unit, i imagine there all virtually the same but you never know.

20120710_112224.jpg

Am i right in saying its just a case of cutting and soldering the new +ive and -ive wires into tge old clip that you can see hanging and then fitting the actual unit?

The thing im worried about is obviously live wires in a petrol tank and wether i seal them enough is it gonna blow up and leave my mum with a mess to clear when she gets home and im spread all over the garage walls. Although looking at the existing unit tge wires are covered but not exactly water or fuel tight so its obviously getting in and around them.

Any help appreciated

Ross

Good call on checking the voltage to the pump. On some cars its only 9v but its ecu controlled. So its 9v for general idling and cruising but then steps up to 14v when the ecu demands more fuel. I don't think starlets have this though.

I assume black to black and blue to red for it?

Thats the way i did it last week. I used a crimpers and connectors... Would the fumes ever cause the plastic from the connectors to kind of rot away and then Booom!?