Got My GT Today! Which is the best dump valve for it?

Got my GT today and now i am looking to buy a dump valve! What is the loudest and best for the Toyota GT starlet? I have seen the bailey venturi trumpet valves etc but with so many on the market i am undecided. Just a point in the right direction would be a real help. What dump valves do you guys and gals have installed?

^^ lol nice one! B)

What if there was one called C3P0 SSQV.

Would you buy it then haha :pB)

Tbh I would have one as long as it was serving a purpose like the relieving of gasses. :p

Joz

I have the sard r2d2 bov, it is ok comes with a nice blue turbo pipe to replace the standard one but if i had the money at the time i would have gone for the hks one or the ARC one. I still might go for the ARC one later on.

Id go for either the Blitz one or Greddy Type S

The greddy one sounds amazing and I would have it set so it doesnt go off unless its on full boost so you get loads of chatter aswell :p

Sounds like turbo stall B) That would be NO dump valve mate, and get rid of the standard re-cirulating one aswll, if i ever went back to a GT thats what i would run :p

Man turbo stall sounds good lol, sorted cheers for the info, was looking at them HKS SSQD i think it is and there looking mint but rather expensive. See how the cash flow goes seeing as i am unemployed and cant sign on till i'm 18 haha, hope i will have a job before it comes to that state of affairs. I am really excited now waiting for 20th july to come ( my 18th birthday (,") ) then in can pick up my Gt. It is mint man, totally standard, has factory alloys and tape player lol. Unabused example and extremely clean. Wheel arches are mint and the chassis is looking brand new. Will be up ayr a cruise in it over the july weekend. Not going to open it up completely for a while until i get used to the power difference from my astra and get used to braking distances etc. How is everyone anyway, everyone cool?

surely thats not going to help in performnace?

Rob

It's actually bad for the turbo it prematurely wears the turbo bearings, But it sounds mean dont you agree? Ooh stuff it i'm just going to forget the dump valve and wire up one of those electric dump valve noise boxes to the car, that will impress all the boy racers down mcdonalds! ohh my god!! or what about a turbonator? Someone search for the "turbonater" and rate it (,")

It's actually bad for the turbo it prematurely wears the turbo bearings, But it sounds mean dont you agree? Ooh stuff it i'm just going to forget the dump valve and wire up one of those electric dump valve noise boxes to the car, that will impress all the boy racers down mcdonalds! ohh my god!! or what about a turbonator? Someone search for the "turbonater" and rate it (,")

what ever you do dont get a electronic one!! lol , also that turbonator thing actually lost cars power on a test they did somewhere......

Rob

Lol what are you on about mate, the elctornic one is a pussy magnet. The manufactured sound is a mating call to all females in the immediate vicinity lol! If you need more power from your car, install the "TURBONATER!!!!!!" (BATTERIES SOLD SEPERATELY)

i don't run currently run a BOV, but have peviously had fited an SSQV, Blitz, and a bailey one.

in my opinion the bailey sounded best on mine, but it leaked at motorway speed and in general the build quality wasn't as good

the blitz is much louder, maybe too loud, and stayed shut on part throttle.

the ssqv was too squeeky for my taste.

this is what mine sounds lke with no BOV.

right click save as

I like the look of the blitz and its slightly cheaper than the HKS SSQD. When you say the blitz leaked at motorway speed what does that mean? Apologies if that sounds rather obvious to you guys but i'm a newbie to this lol! And can the valve not be tweaked to stop it leaking at motorway speed?

i have the newer blitz dual drive, the old hks is smart but sound gets old - new one looks soooo chav - best tho is def the arc for holding power and sounds good too

miss my old sheepdog tho wudv loved to fit that