TD04 Feels slower than CT9

Wondering what would cause a TD04 at 1bar to feel slower than a CT9 at 1bar boost.

My mates been running his TD04 for about a month, and id agree with him, after driving it, that it just doesnt feel as quick as it did with the CT9.

According to his boost gauge, its boosting fine, with no leaks, and its at full boost around 3600 rpm. Just doesnt seem to have the same kick as it did.

Could it be that its just alot smoother?

Cheers

Its on standard ECU, and had fueling setup with a wideband, and fpr.

Emanage, is his next on the list. But hes really disappointed as he thought that the difference should have been huge even without a piggyback.

Mine is running 0.8 and pick1 has been out in it. He says its brutal compared to his td04. Hour is running emb and I'm on a standard ecu. Is it black smoking a lot under boost? Could be running insanely rich.

It shouldnt make any difference if its running a FCD or mapped, either way it should be quick as fook. If its not boosting properly check out things like the wastegate, is it external or internal. It can hold 1 bar boost but if the wastegate isnt closing fully you will lose the initial punch when you put your foot down, so worth checking your actuator.

What rpm does it take to get to 1bar?

There is a bit of black smoke when really nailing it.

It holds boost fine, and spools pretty quick. about 3600 rpm for full boost.

What fuel pressure are you running on standard ecu and td04?

Mine is running 0.8 and pick1 has been out in it. He says its brutal compared to his td04. Hour is running emb and I'm on a standard ecu. Is it black smoking a lot under boost? Could be running insanely rich.

It's true mine is a smooth hard pull mapped on the emanage SAMs just goes ballistic when it hits boost so urs should deffo be a lot quicker than a ct9

To be honest I don't have a clue what the fuel pressure is. All I know is on idle with the vac pipe on it runs around 14.7 afr. When It comes on boost it runs somewhere near 10.5afr. Also when cruising it sits nicely at around 14.7.