Made something today.

Well looked in the shed this morn and saw i still have to metal left, so i decided to put it to good use. Pretty happy with the out come, i think it looks shit hot! Can't wait to test it out :p.. My mates old man is tigging me up an X for the cage too, to help keep it pushed out and stiff! :).

Pics of todays work.

IMAG1209.jpg

IMG_20120925_160443.jpg

Bit of paint

IMG_20120925_160603.jpg

IMAG1213.jpg

Got to grind back the welds a little to make it a bit neater, then mask up the strut towers and re spray the ends cause some white paint went to on the black where i couldn't be fucked to do it properly haha xD.

That sheet also caught alight quite a few times from the sparks haha :p.

Cheers :).

Cheers lads! Ok i'll do it black tomorrow! :).

Haha, you really wana see a picture of the plate hahaha..

Well somewhere, within the world, my numberplate fell off.. And i only noticed as i went to open the boot to measure up the size of metal i'd need! And i had to do some driving today, so here's how i compensated for having no rear plate (until tomorrow when my new one comes that i ordered today).

nmp.jpg

Please note the jdm tilt.

Function over form ftmfw!! Also looks like my old cage haha you buy it from nest? If so it ysed to live in my black cruise kitted v :) miss my old v :(

Looking smart as dude. make sure you come to.some track days next year ;)

Like the idea but it wont work well as a strut bar..

The suspension force is always trying to come through the top of the strut, hence the reason strut bars are on the top. they work against the opposite side. (Like a ARB)

Where your bar wont work against anything as its below the strut tops.

As for the material, bigger isnt always better. ;)

Good effort though.

Function over form ftmfw!! Also looks like my old cage haha you buy it from nest? If so it ysed to live in my black cruise kitted v :) miss my old v :(

Looking smart as dude. make sure you come to.some track days next year ;)

Haha :).

Yeah i got it off jake on the weekend :p. Love it man xD.

Would love to do some track days but this is my daily and i feel like as soon as i hit the track and hammer it something WILL happen. :/

Like the idea but it wont work well as a strut bar..

The suspension force is always trying to come through the top of the strut, hence the reason strut bars are on the top. they work against the opposite side. (Like a ARB)

Where your bar wont work against anything as its below the strut tops.

As for the material, bigger isnt always better. ;)

Good effort though.

Ahh i get you, i'm sure this will do something.. If not something big then it will do something small and that's ok with me :p. Everything will play a part and i'm not done yet with the cage etc anyway so it's all good :).

Thanks man.