Loud banging on passenger side rear when going over a small bump/pothole

ever since i had this car there has been this issue where i go over a bump or pothole and theres a real loud banging on the underside and it sounds like its coming from the passengers side rear, i thought it was the exhaust banging off the crossbar but i have put new rubbers on and its still doing it :/

anyone else have any ideas what it could be? really bugging me!

get some one to bounce the car while you look to see if you can fined it normally works well. It could be the shocker top mount thats causing the banging, theres not that much on the rear to cause a noise, top mount, bottom mounting on the shock, axle mounting bush to the body and the panard rod bushes.

Does it have an aftermarket panhard rod fitted? It may have come loose somewhere, that causes a knocking noise.

Another thing (but more unlikely) - look underneath the rear axle by getting under the car. You should see a metal round bar running along the axle (inside the axle), see if that's broken anywhere. That broke on an old GT I had and it causes a horrible noise, took a while to find out what the problem was though! As I said though, unlikely it's that but it's worth a try if everything else is ok.