Hey guys, as you know I sold the Glanza a few weeks ago -- And it's replacement is:

576302960_23355b875e.jpg

576305194_f36acf5622.jpg

576546261_0617636a97.jpg

576540625_099b458055.jpg

576356706_1971b28c7b.jpg

576346134_6ef6a0fdca.jpg

576341770_9cd26577a5.jpg

576318876_638b3d5909.jpg

576343752_82b7b3d597.jpg

576314254_a9abe846b9.jpg

You might recognise the scenery -- I reused the backdrops pretty much frame for frame where I took them of the Glanza. Luckily the guys on SCN didn;t know this :lol:

It's a diferent beast to the Glanza altogether... More torque than you can throw a stick at so you don't have to sit up the rev range all the time! It averages about 38mpg or 32mpg if I'm pottering around town which is a lot better on petrol than my Glanza was. I bought it already modified so I'm not 100% sure on the spec but what I do know is:

Star Performance Remap -- 197bhp 210lbft @14psi

Scorpion catback system

N249 bypassed

RamAir Maxflow induction kit

Forge Recirc BOV

Standard Cupra suspension

Runs a 14.6s quarter @100.2mph

I'm still gutted about losing the Glanza, but I'm fairly happy with the Cupra. It's comfy!

Well I never really got more than 230mi to a full tank so that equates to ~29mpg in the Glanza. The Ibiza has done 270mi on half a tank so far, so that suits me (right enough it's a bigger tank though :lol: )

i was gonna say, thats insane fuel economy if the tanks the same :lol:

its the same with the '14, the same amount of fuel in it as the starlet equates to only half a tank! i think a full ones like.....£60-70......scary...

The ibiza's got a 45 litre tank (Just read the manual) What's the Glanza got? From empty I always got about 37 quid of optimax at 99p/litre so I'd say a 40 litre tank?

So it means the ibiza still fairs a lot better on petrol. I've been mainly driving it off boost the last few days tho to and from my work.

Hey Geo, we'll have to have you out in it. Maybe a wee run against the Glanza too :lol:

Next things on the list are to get the windows smoked a bit and the having squatting on all fours like a bitch, thinking of getting the Koni SSK for it, but noone seems to run that suspension set-up, most run cheap coilover kits with harsh springs, but since I'm looking for a bit more comfort I'll be trying to get a good spring/shocker combo.

Got a soft spot for these 20vt Seats B)

And they are pretty cheap these days

was going to a cruise before and was doing about 115mph and three of them went passed in a line doing 135+mph , I was like :lol:

Not sure on the black wheels though for some reason B)

Other than that she looks wicked

well done B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm you're gonna need alot of luck to keep that thing running without problems!

I had one a few years back when they first came out,Worst fuckin car i ever had for reliability! 38 warrenty claims in 3 years nearly all engine electrical problems.Mine might have been a friday car tho

Real good when going well tho,quite happily cruise well into 3 figures.

That induction kit will cause you grief with the air mass meter, £200 a pop for a replacement,mine had 3 replaced! Get a panel filter instead. :p

If you need a stock airbox i think i still have one in the garage.

As for suspension,get the bilstien coillies set up,not cheap but a top choice on the cupra.

Hey Paul -- I might take you up on the free airbox if you're offering it!

As for lowering the car I might lay off that for a while just took a pic of this last night (and that's OEM cupra suspension)

dsc00109wc0.jpg

The cupra suspension is quite stiff, but I still don't trust it for all-out B-road action... will get some new suspension soon tho.

As for reliability, the EM light has been on already. It's to do with the remap bypassing the secondary airpump tho so nothing serious. Also the boot lock on mine has stuck open, so the remote central locking only closes the doors :p -- But so far those are the only probs... well apart from the funny noises coming from the PAS when I'm reverse parking and the electric'y buzzing noise when I'm demisting my windows... apart from that!

I did however also destroy a new shape Golf R32 last night :p

They are pretty well set up and low,cant say i had any fears about using the suspension properly on the B roads,just put decent tyres on,i had 17's on mine so the bigger tyres helped alot.

Keep an eye on that EW light,mine was on a lot usually running lean,so not good.

Cover the postage and the air box is yours if i can find it,i think i know where it is i'll look during the week.

The car's been remapped by star on the rolling road so I'm pretty confident the fuelling is ok.

PM me if you find the airbox mate and I'll sort out delivery if you could give me rough dimensions and weight. Gonna try the smoothed airbox and panel filter approach. Or maybe just make an enclosed cold air box for a filter.