right i have just taken the compressor housing off my holset turbo

when i took it off, in blue writing it said damaged turbine vain

no it all looks new apart from two small cut outs, now i dunno if that is part of the way they weight the turbo or not

but im really worried now, because i dont want to spend £800 on a custom turbo kit, and it not work,

here is a few pics

IMAG0064-1.jpg

IMAG0065.jpgIMAG0066.jpg

cheers jake

That is actually the "first" original balance mark. It would make the balancing out by a LOT if it was done by accident. A dot of tipex, or marker pen, infact simply holding one side so it warms and expands will all through out the balancing.

Ahh i see now lol

Tbh that shouldnt knock the balancing out!

But to be on the safe side i would either get the balancing checked or if you can buy a new compressor wheel then do so!

As I said above, its not damage its just the balance marks from when the compressor wheel was machined. They will have then assembled and done a second, finer balance.

That is actually the "first" original balance mark. It would make the balancing out by a LOT if it was done by accident. A dot of tipex, or marker pen, infact simply holding one side so it warms and expands will all through out the balancing.

As I said above, its not damage its just the balance marks from when the compressor wheel was machined. They will have then assembled and done a second, finer balance.

Yeah i through the slots out of it looked abit to clean for them to be chips etc