Any Guide to swap auto to manual ?

That would be really useful for me. Apparently cutting the hole in the bulk head is a nightmare? How much did you have to drop the engine down to get the box out, i.e did you have to disconnect any wires or pipes for slack?

havent got the box out yet im still building my engine crane, going to take the engine completely out, makes it easier to cut the hole in the bulkhead and also i have pulleys to fit and uprated engine mounts so makes it easier. wont have time to do any more work on it till next weekend tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you take the engine out for the conversion? Maybe a universal joint would work on there or I have a set of ratchet spanners that should do the trick. Any problems with the conversion as I am hopefully doing mine next week.

yes took the engine out, couldnt get a drill in to drill holes in the bulkhead with it in. No real problems apart from getting the bolts done up on the clutch peddal, it sits right next to a black box kinda above it you cant get a spanner on it or a socket, going to have to take some of the dash off and remove the box i think, i will get pictures at the weekend its too dark when i get home through the week, also i am just using the auto rear gearbox mount as it looks the exact same as the manual one

Engine stays in use the auto shafts you need box, flywheel, clutch, linkages, slave and master cylinders, pedal, shifter. All plastics stay the same. Bridge the two big female terminals in the center of the big plug that was plugged into the auto box and you need to jam the slider on the under side of the ign barrel up or the key won't turn I just center punched mine till it jammed up.

Yeah rear mount is the same basically mate. Could you not have drilled the hole from the cabin as there is a cutout in the felt where the holes are? Not sure i like the sound of the bolting job, sounds a nightmare. I'm assuming that the ecu stays the same?

Engine stays in use the auto shafts you need box, flywheel, clutch, linkages, slave and master cylinders, pedal, shifter. All plastics stay the same. Bridge the two big female terminals in the center of the big plug that was plugged into the auto box and you need to jam the slider on the under side of the ign barrel up or the key won't turn I just center punched mine till it jammed up.

yeah cheers for the info, i am at the stage where i have the manual gearbox on the engine i am just putting my powerflex bushes into the mounts and then the engine will go back in, also need to get the clutch pedal bolts tight

Easy did drilling on the inside as there's an indent as to where the master cylinder goes. Can't remember which bulb it was think it was the OD bulb.

you must have removed alot of dash bits to get a drill in then ? main reason i took the engine out is cause i had to fit powerflex mounts and change the pulleys + i drilled the holes from the other side

Hopefully but never seems to turn out that way. I can see the wee black box, it's close but should be out the way enough to mount the pedal, especially the bottom bolt it's miles out the road. Is the engine easy enough to take out?