Hi guys

I'm running a forged 4e with various mods etc

And a hybrid td05 which has not long ago been mapped at TD @1.37 bar hit 295.2bhp

Which im happy enough with but considering other options

I'm thinking about possibly raising my rev limit but unsure of what I would need to make my car still safe and reliable

I've been looking at 265degree cams

And adjustable pullies

Just wondered if anyone has done this already and could advise me

As with higher lift cams means I could still hit same sort of power but with less boost which is a bonus

Thanks chand

lol, tell me about it mate!!!!

If I were you, I would get an inlet, uprated valve springs, soild buckets and possibly have a look at the valves/guides aswell :) I know zisco do a kit but its the best part of £3k I think.........................not sure what you get though!!!

Or speak to the guys at TD, they will set you right :thumbsup:

No need to go raising the rev limit if the turbo isn't able to provide the power beyond x rpm. Best bet is to ask TD it if they see any scope by raising the rev limit. Although theres no harm in changing over to a stiffer valve spring and solid buckets :)

Whats the current rev limit at as well? Stock 7200?

Edited by AdamB

Mike at TD has already said my set up is good and he said I'd just leave it as it is

I'm not making a decisions soon anyways just looking into costs and what other people have done or would advice

My opinion would be to leave it if its not going to net you anymore power, you also have to take into account that the turbo will start to become un-efficient the higher up the rev range you go, so power could start to drop off quite rapidly, that said if you raise the rev limit you might be able to net a slightly longer powerband without dropping too much power.

from what I have heard, there is a certain inlet coming out that has been tested and got the same power at 1.1 bar as the standard did with 1.4 bar.....................thats kinda sounds like the sorta thing your after :thumbsup: then you wouldnt have to change the engine or change the rev limit which, as adamB said might not actually benifit you anyway

plus just running the same power at less boost might not necessarily do you any favours, you have a big turbo on a small engine and they generally dont come alive until they have more pressure going through them so lag might be a problem..............

Edited by mattyD

Aww right ok well in that case the inlets sounds like it might be the option for me

And lag... I might also be looking into anti-lag but I'd see what power and torque it made with possibly a new inlet and go from there

Inlet sounds interesting Matt! 8)

It does sound as if decreasing spool time is what your after, you could look into water injection which will help you out slightly, raising the compression ratio or fiddle with the gear ratio's.

Anti-lag is ok if you got good brakes as it takes away some of, if not all of engine braking, so there will be much more heat going into the brakes.

Edited by AdamB

How excatly does water injection actually work and what do you need cause I've spoken to gy before who run it but didn't understand what it was or how it worked etc

And I don't think il actually run anti-lag it was just an option as once I'm in boost my cars fully spooled through every gear

But have been looking at a corolla 6speed possibly

I've been looking into lots of options as you can tell just not made or making any decisions fast

Water injection injects a fine mist of water into the inlet stream. There are a number of places you can put the jet, all have their advantages. Placing the jet before the turbo compressor cools the air going into the turbo, increasing its efficiency, allowing more boost without the added drawback of adding heat. As we know that compressing air induces heat into the charge. Placing the jet after the intercooler allows the air to be cooler before it goes into the engine, cooler air allows more ignition advance in the map, and this is where power is gained through ignition.

There are many different WI systems out there, but ones which have safety parameters are the best ones to go for. Like having a water level sensor, there could be harm if your boosting the car and water is not injected!

Not run one on a starlet, have run a cheapo system before on another engine. Was never dyno'd so never really got to see the true performance outcome from it. Best kits are probably the aquamist stuff tbh, been around for years and good quality products. Though they are not that cheap.

My cheapo kit I made out of using a windscreen washer pump, and used the washer bottle as the reservoir, and had a brass jet located near the throttle body :thumbsup: Only trouble I had was that the jet kept clogging up as I wasn't always using distilled water, so the chalk and other shit in the water was clogging the jet up and not providing sufficient, if any spray.

Edited by AdamB