Black car - What polish?

Hi guys

I want to give my BMW a thorough clean/polish. With her being my daily driver, I regularly have the car hand washed locally as I don't have the time to clean it myself. As you can guess, this has resulted in a fair few swirl marks around the car.

Ideally I'd like to give it a full machine polish/buff but I simply don't have the time for it. So, I am looking for something quick and easy to use. I can spare a few hours to do the whole car (it's a 5 series so pretty big), my main aim is to bring the colour back to life. Hiding the swirl marks would be great too (as I understand it is literally impossible to actually get rid of them).

Cheers guys

Idrees

A rotary will make easy work of swirls, I think people use Poorboys Black Hole for black cars? I use Menzerna via DA but it won't be enough to tackle German paint with most pads! Rotary is your best bet but Menzerna polish is really good you can work it in for ages! My GT using Menzerna 203s and refined with Menzerna Final Finish:

28f3e5dc.jpg

Edited by Amjad

I just use autogylm ultra deep shine and extra gloss protection comes up ace on my SR

Did have it mopped with g3 or something along that line and my mint but for day to day the above is fine :)

This is autoglym shampoo, meguires ultimate polish with Auto glym extra gloss protection, nothing else. No camera tricks either. Was about 11 months earlier it was mopped and its still fairly swirl free :)

IMG_0163.jpg

Edited by morgey

Yeah there are two types of machine Dual Action which I have (great for softer paints like Japanese cars etc) and Rotary which is what bodyshops tend to use. The latter gets results way faster! I spent ages doing a black Audi and after several hours there were still swirls although the paint was a lot deeper.

Yeah there are two types of machine Dual Action which I have (great for softer paints like Japanese cars etc) and Rotary which is what bodyshops tend to use. The latter gets results way faster! I spent ages doing a black Audi and after several hours there were still swirls although the paint was a lot deeper.

Need to know what your doing with a rotory to make sure you don't burn through the lacquar, seen it done a good few times.

I have a rotary, I previously did some bodywork so I used it for buffing lacquer after painting. If you know how to use them they are good but I don't have the time for a full job using that.

Dean if you fancy popping in to Huddersfield then we have a deal :D

Morgey that looks sweet, I'll probably go for that as it will be easy to get hold of!

I have a rotary, I previously did some bodywork so I used it for buffing lacquer after painting. If you know how to use them they are good but I don't have the time for a full job using that.

Dean if you fancy popping in to Huddersfield then we have a deal :D

Morgey that looks sweet, I'll probably go for that as it will be easy to get hold of!

Depends totally on what time your around mate?