White smoke please read

Hi all

My car on idle smokes white smoke all time and even on boost, it had been set up by mike and nick it does not use oil nor does it use water. After i clean car and go for drive the whole back end gets covered in little black dots that just rub off?

Why the white smoke what is it

The black spots will just be from it running slightly rich in my experience as the emanage only has so many fueling fields and adjustments I'm sure socks posted a pic of his drive after he had rev'd the car a few times and he had the black spots sut on his drive and ultimately while your driving it will get blow back from the aerodynamics and get on the back of your car think most people with white gt's and glanza's may say the same

The black spots will just be from it running slightly rich in my experience as the emanage only has so many fueling fields and adjustments I'm sure socks posted a pic of his drive after he had rev'd the car a few times and he had the black spots sut on his drive and ultimately while your driving it will get blow back from the aerodynamics and get on the back of your car think most people with white gt's and glanza's may say the same

HOLE IN 1 THERE MY FREIND !

It will do if it's running slightly rich i get white smoke when I first turn my gt on condensation I put it down to I wouldn't worry to much if it not using oil or water or acting weird just a few layers of wax on the arse end will make it easier to get the black spots off when u come to clean it

@azz cheers dude nice to know I've picked stuff up along the way with owning one of these lol

It will do if it's running slightly rich i get white smoke when I first turn my gt on condensation I put it down to I wouldn't worry to much if it not using oil or water or acting weird just a few layers of wax on the arse end will make it easier to get the black spots off when u come to clean it

@azz cheers dude nice to know I've picked stuff up along the way with owning one of these lol

Okay do they still run a bit rich if mapped up properly like mine

Yes mate I'm on emanage Blue and mine still runs a little rich like I say they only have so many fueling fields and adjustments the emanage ultimate has more then when u go stand alone like wolf or power fc then the mapping fields are far superior and I can get a finer tune but if your worried give mike at TD a tinkle and ask his advice I have a white gt and after a spirited drive I get the black spots on mine

This is cold start

And it was really cold and frosty morning

/>http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/hawwyzz/DBDCCDCD-8617-407A-910D-9C9427D4FF69-931-00000071F0BE3F85.mp4

An this is normal how it smokes all the time most the time when idling

/>http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/hawwyzz/6FA2CDCD-B56A-4497-946B-0E4C73EE9371-931-00000072030FD414.mp4

Links are videos

Cheers

Edited by Hawwy

id say cold start is condensation in the exhaust and warm vid looks to be normal for this time of the year especially if its frosty. stick you tumble dryer tube out the window at the same time of day and you qill have the same affect :)

thick white smoke usually indicates head gasket issues but if its not loaing or using any water id say its alright. just keep an eye on it :)

my car smokes white on startup but totally goes away once it is warmed up and has no smoke at all when idling warm. It is however using some water but I am putting this down to a very old radiator as it has been using a small amount of water since I bought it.

• 2 years later...

BUMP

got this issue with my starlet. smoke's really baldly. don't do it straight away only once it's got boost going though it and when off boost it calms down but still smokes.

compression is around 175psi across all 4, slight coolant leak from the head gasket area (external)

Car stuggles to start, takes a while to get going, sometimes its lumpy. most of the time it idles fine.

Turbo is a 'speedvision' hybrid that looks near enough new

any help would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any oil in the intercooler pipework just off the turbo side, or anywhere?

Even if it's got 175 PSI across the cylinders don't discount the Valve Stem Seals

Also, disconnect the PCV valve from the intake and vent to atmosphere from the rocker (use some hose to stop oil gooing to the engine bay, preferably oil catch can) and block the inlet side off. The PCV can fail and let oil through.