car wont start after manual conversion help!

just done a manual conversion and i have bridged the plug from the old gearbox and it turns over but wont start i have connected everything up except the knock sensor which i am away to go and sort?

seems like its not getting fuel

any help appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this off google

There are two wires that go to the auto box's selector box. You need to bridge these two wires for the car to start if you have stock ecu. I didn't need to do this step as I have an aftermarket ecu. After everything is connected up you should be able to ride off into the sunset happily, and in full control of when you shift.

Have a read your self :)

http://www.tercelreference.com/articles/auto_manual_conversion/auto_manual_conversion.html

Just got this off google

There are two wires that go to the auto box's selector box. You need to bridge these two wires for the car to start if you have stock ecu. I didn't need to do this step as I have an aftermarket ecu. After everything is connected up you should be able to ride off into the sunset happily, and in full control of when you shift.

Have a read your self :)

http://www.tercelref...conversion.html

This is maybe true for some models but on my 1995 GT there were 2 plugs on the box. One with lots of wires and one with 3 wires, I had to bridge the 2 thickest wires in the plug with lots of wires and left all the rest and it starts and runs perfect.

Yeah think the thing that stays common is that the neutral start switch is the 2 thickest wires so as long as they are bridged it should start fine. Was actually pretty easy to convert, just a few rough edges to sort out once it's been mapped at tuning developments and a full machine polish and it will be spot on lol.

the fuel pump doesnt make a noise when i turn the key, also no spark, checked all the fuses in engine bay and in car and they are fine, slackened off the nut on the fuel rail and turned the key and fuel comes out :s

any help appreciated

Edited by Fealscott

Or take a plug out, put the HT back on it and turn it over and see if its sparking. Are you 100% sure that everything is plugged in? Check the coilpack and everything going to and from it, check the fuel rail and everything going to and from it.... If its getting fuel and spark it should start unless there is a big fuel leak, air leak etc in which case it would at least splutter or cough into life a bit. Do you have any kind of alarms fitted?

Make sure everything is earthed too.... I've had a few times when something hasn't worked and its because I've missed an earth or something equally as simple lol... Chances of having missed something is slim though as by the sound of it the most likely problem is in the plug and you need to butch it one way or another :p. No idea on that part though, never done it :p.

i am 100% sure its not sparking, there was fuel at the rail when i loosened the nut on the fuel rail and turned the key it leaked out, the spark plugs were dry when i took them out though, i think its an ecu problem i think the ecu doesnt know the engines turning over so isnt sparking or fueling, also the fuel pump doesnt make a noise when i turn the ignition key on but i do get the engine managment light on, the car also turns over alot slower than it did before, even when i have jump leads on it, everything works headlights etc also no fuses are blown,

its a nightmare haha

Have you bridged the 2 thickest wires in the plug? Maybe check your amplifier where the king lead plugs in to make sure that wasn't damaged when you took the engine out. Mine fired up perfect 1st turn of the key when I started again.

Have you bridged the 2 thickest wires in the plug? Maybe check your amplifier where the king lead plugs in to make sure that wasn't damaged when you took the engine out. Mine fired up perfect 1st turn of the key when I started again.

yeah I've bridged them, il have to have a good look over everything

supposedly you dont need to change the ecu mate, it works with the manual, you just have to bridge a connector or solder it at the ecu end for it to start, i have done this but getting other problems aswell

Edited by Fealscott